1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Charlton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 19, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh dear oh dear oh dear........................I have tried everything else so I am now trying the "my team will lose" strategy. I have no confidence that Argyle will win this Saturday or indeed get a point. It is no good asking what could possibly go wrong because I and we could be here all day and night and still be listing things.

I need something to happen to convince me that this season isn't beginning to be over before it's begun. No more excuses Mr Adams. Stop blaming players or the locals for being pessimistic. Take responsibility which is what you are being paid for and change it. Far too much negativity coming out of the club so it's hardly surprising we are less than a happy bunch.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I did seem to be a lucky talisman for Argyle games around London until last years Charlton match.

Maybe because I will be there on Saturday there luck will change again and we will not lose....to wish for a victory might be pushing it too far...so hopefully we'll get a draw....just to stop my humiliation from last years game from being repeated...in front of my son and grandson.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

There's no negativity coming out of the club Sensible, as the official website shows. If there's anything they might be accused of it's misplaced optimism.

I've reported some of the more extreme stuff out there on t'interweb and there is a rather uncouth Adams Out group out there.

I can't say I'm happy or comfortable with the current situation but the fact is we've played 8 of 46 games. There's plenty of time for it to be turned around.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well they better turn it around on Saturday or my misery will be continued by my son and grandson.

5. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Missing my first EFL match of the season, will be a bit weird, but probably means we will win!

6. notDistantGreen

Trading Paris for Saath London. Hmmm.

7. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

8. notDistantGreen

Lots of calls out there for Taylor to start. I'm a big fan of his but who would drop out? Ladapo has probably been our best performer so far, admittedly in a poor field.

In a related point, saw some charts yesterday showing that from open play most of our shots are being hit from the sides of the penalty box rather than the centre where perhaps the return would be better. Can't see Taylor would solve that as he's a target man rather than anything else.

Could Taylor and Ladapo both play? If so, is thus the match to try it? I think not.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

One day we might acquire a goal scorer...not just a target man.....that opens up my favourite subject BWP.....Bradley Wright Phillips the one legged goal machine.....I can see sensibles eyes glazing over as I say that. Ok Rueben Reid was a decent target man who scored a few goals...but not in BWP's league.....we had to let him go because of administration.....he is now in the States breaking all their scoring records....a hat-trick against Rooney's team last week got his team a 3-3 draw.
    I saw him a few times at Charlton where he went after administration...in that season he scored 13 goals for us and 13 goals for Charlton....a total of 26 wow.....but clubs were scared in general to sign him on, because his knee failed their fitness tests....so short sighted....isn't the end product more important...the ball in the back of the net.

That type of player would cover up a multitude of failures in defence....isn't the way to win, is to score more goals than the other side....Adams view point, is you win by conceding less goals than the other team....so that means at the moment a 0-0 draw is a satisfactory result.....a home attendance of 5000 maximum might be the only result we achieve....no money coming through the turnstiles....equals no future.....four and three quarter hours till kick-off.....my final request is a good meal before the execution starts....I might tell you about it later.....one good thing is that Charlton have up to 5 first choice players unavailable.....but they have a lot of players to call on.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Home Park camera 1 shows a miserable wet Plymouth at the moment.....whilst at Charlton it should be dry until.... rain expected along for kick-off time

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rain has arrived early11.55am....miserable drive to match now....not my problem.....son is driving....:emoticon-0102-bigsm.

12. notDistantGreen

Aggressive team selection from Adams. Carey, Lameiras, Joel Grant and Ladapo all start.

Calum Dyson and Alex Fletcher on the hench.

Changes rung again......

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

At least it looks like he is trying this time and it is what people have called for despite Adams not reading social media............(yeh right if you believe that you will believe anything). He has to give it a go whether it is against his nature or not. He can at least tell everyone to shut up if it doesn't work out and the last set of tactics didn't work anyway.

14. notDistantGreen

4:2:3:1, Songo'o and Sarcevic in front of the back 4, Lameiras playing off Ladapo, Carey on the right.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

one nil carey...............9mins

16. notDistantGreen

0-1, Carey header (!) from Grant's cross.

17. notDistantGreen

And Charlton equalize ffs!

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

1 - 1 can't defend corners AGAIN...........

19. notDistantGreen

Argyle reportedly well in this so far. Songo'o running amok at the moment. All is forgiven.

20. notDistantGreen

F**k penalty to Charlton, rash challenge, soft but given. SAVED.