1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Charlton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 19, 2021.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I've saved quite a lot of money by NOT taking what are now 4 adults to about half the home games.

Despite the occasional technical glitch, I've enjoyed watching every game on IFollow. That's enjoy in its widest possible meaning. You must enjoy what you repeat time after time, right? I've noticed something that isn't apparent when I'm in the ground. In extremis when I think we're going to score or concede is that my right foot does actually try to kick an imaginary ball. Nobody's noticed yet but there is a tiny little flick of the foot I can't prevent. Weird.

What I'm NOT doing is watching much EPL football. I'm wondering whether to ditch Sky next year and put the money into Argyle instead. Problem is that I'd lose F1 and some England internationals as its all bundled up.

The first third of the season started reasonably well: we were consistently in the top 10. That proves we can win in this League and since then we've added Niall Ennis. Then we had a melt down at Fleetwood conceding goals in the first minutes. By half time we were 3-0 down and with Aimson hauled off after 38 mins, Lowe made 3 more substitutions at half time, including Canavan replacing Opoku. By the end, we lost 5-1 and Canavan had been sent off. Just weeks after that. George Cooper was injured.

upload_2021-4-22_11-40-17.png

Since then, it hasn't been good. Perhaps Lowe overreacted in his substitutions, maybe some players resented being hauled off and the mood of the dressing room changed. Clearly there are individuals in there who need to go especially if the they are disrupting the rest but the first dozen games show all is not lost.