1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Charlton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 3, 2023.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We have 3 finishers that we know of and haven't seen enough to add a 4th yet although a couple of mid men aren't too shabby. No team finishes even half their chances most of the time whoever they have up front. We are doing ok. I do recognise the half empty attitude with Argyle though and it does seem to be the go to stance where they are concerned. No matter how good we do the view is often more about when the wheels will come off than backing them fully. I've done it myself and that's due mainly to history. The only guarantee historically is when relegation is in the offing and you could bet your house on Argyle filling the position no matter how slim it might be to achieve. Having watched this club and different teams over the last 5 years I have to say for me the doom scenario is becoming less and less the expectation. We are no longer the basket case waiting to implode we used to be. I'm not saying anything is now nailed on but it seems more likely now than not. We can and do compete very well.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

And looking at the other way, we aren't reliant on one "30 goals a season" striker. We've got goals from lots of sources including Saxon "Dead Eyed Dick" Earley (surely that's a character from Game of Thrones or something) who's got 2 goals from 2 shots!

upload_2023-3-6_16-10-53.png

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

notdistant yoou need to get a life other than Argyle stats.........

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Well surely you don't think I compiled those myself!

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Sadly yes.....