1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Crewe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 10, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Back to the league after the cup games and this one is a difficult one to read. Argyle's form has not really changed league wise for the last 2 months. Unbeaten and winning the majority. Crewe on the other hand have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 out of the last 10. That isn't a bad return for both teams. Our's is better than their's but this one isn't going to be easy.

If I were putting money on this game having been forced to choose a result my life depended on I would probably go with a draw. It seems the most logical outcome if both maintain their form. I can never back against my team though when lives aren't at stake so want to believe we can carry on and take the spoils. After all with the away games we have won and being due a loss somewhere along the line what could possibly go wrong this time.........

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

15 minutes to kick off and still nobody has an opinion? Blimey. Carlisle losing 2 - 0 to Newport as I type. What could possibly go wrong.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well it's started to as we are one down already.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

We are losing and a mate of mine is at the match and said there are so many argyle fans there its like a home game.. <eek>

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

According to Sky news and Ian Dowie who is reporting on this game we are not even at the races so far. Penalty missed by Crewe. Oh hang on we have now scored and it's 1 - 1. Bleddy ell'

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Reports more positive in second half according to Dowie. We will probably lose now he's more enthusiastic about us. Read on pasoti that we have a quarter of the crowd today. Over 1000 which is remarkable for this league and the distance up and back.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Geddon Carey 1 - 2. 74th minute

8. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Must be our year for promotion.... because....McCormick saves a penalty.....when did that last happen.....supposed to of been poorly taken but you can't blame Luke for that.

PS.......Carey plays a blinder.....I hope no scouts where watching him ....THEY CAN'T HAVE HIM.

PPS........Over 46 games we are at present heading for 109.25 pts.....is that crazy or not.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  9. Greenarmyjoe

Yes good times ahead. You look at the League table, Exeter 16 points second from bottom and the play off spot 22 points?? From about 6th to 18th 3 points in it? tough league this time as its still close. cant afford any slip ups like last time.. <applause><applause>

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I seriously think I could just post a couple of comments and then resurrect them every week at the moment. Here goes again, there is something about this team this time. I half listened to what was being said about the game today and in the first half it wasn't exactly great. Crewe it seems were on the front foot for most of it and we were defending with the odd break away. No surprise when we went one down from anyone, But suddenly we were one each again out of nothing much. That's after we should have been 2 down. Point being we still were not the best side it appeared. Adams tweaked and then we were better. Not only better but the team most likely and sure enough we went in front. Crewe came back but we defended well. Ian Dowie was impressed anyway. They seem incapable of losing even though we know they will eventually. This was no easy fixture as I said in the opening post. We not only coped but came away with the 3 points once more. I think that this league is hard every season. We have seen the same kind of results this season as before. Anyone can win a game no matter where they are in the league. Newport 2 - 0 Carlisle is the prime example of that. Who would have predicted the bottom club would end Carlisle's brilliant run unbeaten. No matter what though Argyle don't just surrender.

As for Carey I absolutely think he is on a mission this season. I think last season hurt him pride wise and he is determined to finish what he helped to start. I don't think he wants to go and I don't think he will. Even if he did I still think we have enough to cross the line without. I'm not interested in 100+ points. All I want is enough.

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Thought at half time will be lucky to survive a good hammering in second half but all credit to the team for battling on....probably wouldn't have happened last year. Credit too for DA proving his worth as a great manager on a small budget.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

This getting stupid. 14 unbeaten, 7 away league wins in a row, 7 points clear and best start to a league season ever.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Go on notdistant admit it along with the rest of you out there. You are just waiting for Argyle to feck it up somehow aren't you. That's called Argyle supporters programming.

14. Greenarmyjoe

I can t see this season being messed up.. We look good and have that mentally now of getting something from the games and coming from behind.. Its early days but we are third into the season ...
    :emoticon-0167-beer:<applause>

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'd agree with that Joe as I've kept saying about them. But you have to admit that the gloom and pesimism thing has been endemic in Argyle supporters for good reason over history. I'm sure a lot out there are still expecting the worst.

16. notDistantGreen

No, quite the reverse, clearly we have to lose at some point but it's becoming difficult to see how or when!

I just watched the highlights: that's 3 good goals again, just like last week. We're scoring good goals and it's taking good goals to beat us. Somebody on Twitter said something along the lines of "Isn't a nice when we go 1-0 down just to think we ARE going to pull it back". We haven't had that militant confidence in a team for a long time.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I read pasoti at times and there are a good few on there with the pesimism wobbles. Some don't want to talk about promotion or how many points lest it jinx the whole thing.

18. notDistantGreen

We must lose sooner or later and it'll be just my luck if it's on Saturday. Grimsby haven't been bad away from home recently although they don't score many.

The question is though, how long will it take us to get back to form after it has happened? Adams can make a changes if he's not happy with a few individuals in terms of attitude or performance and he doesn't strike me as the type who'd hesitate to wield the axe so let's hope it's a temporary blip when it comes not a full scale collapse as we've seen in preceding seasons.

19. Greenarmyjoe

Well i cant see us losing to many when it happens, to well drilled this time and the attitude is better than last season.. As long as we dio not get the injuries like last year hope fully all will be ok.. I think it was around now last year it all started.. Im confident :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

20. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But we have been getting injuries and because of our strength in depth it hasn't sidelined us as yet.