1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Crewe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 13, 2020.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It doesn't happen in slowmo though and in real time I have to say if it was the other way around I and probably 4000 others at that end of the ground would have been baying for a penalty. If the Ref thought it was a dive then why not book him for it? My point about the manager is that he is voicing what loads of us think. That Refs lie at least some of the time. But you can't say anything about officials without running the risk of sanction even if it is your honest opinion. It can cost a manager his job, a team a promotion and an owner a fortune but you can't say anything. That's where I think he isn't wrong and for the rest of Argyle supporters being so outraged well pot kettle is about all I can say.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

But the question is not what the crowd think or indeed what was said afterwards but whether the decision is right or wrong. I think there's enough doubt about that one to say they got it right. Don't forget if the lino made the decision, which he should have done since he had the best view, then the ref may not have been entirely sure why it was no penalty. Just needs to trust his colleague.

I got your point about refs Sensible. I think the quality of refs we see at Home Park is poor with the occasional exception and the law makers don't seem ever kicked a football or they wouldn't come up with the idiotic rules they do (e.g. what's handball for a attacker is different to handball for a defender).

But liars though? I doubt that.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The other point I would make is that Linos very seldom make any decision at all even for a throw in let alone a penalty. Why they are even there is debatable.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

That can be true but it was the lino that gave us the penalty against Mansfield when Joe Edwards was pushed over in a similar position.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yep but one in a thousand isn't exactly a recommendation is it.