1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Doncaster

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 20, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we don't want anything to go wrong can we turn the clock back to last season please?

It's getting hard to predict and even harder every week. Which Argyle is going to turn up and especially at home. The only thing that keeps the interest going in this one is the potential to stuff a Fergy..........

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

stuff him again.. 3 on the trot.. :emoticon-0146-punch

3. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I'd love to agree as they are only a little better off than us this season so far however I have gone for a draw. Fergie Jnr will be keen not to be embarrassed again.

With Carey serving the last match of his ban and Edwards returning:

McCormick

Miller, Edwards, Bradley, Sawyer

Fox, Ness

Jervis, Sarcevic, Grant

Ciftci

Subs:
    Te Loeke, Songo'o, Sokolik, Lameiras, Ainsworth, Blissett, Fletcher

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

easy home win- ciftci hat trick!

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Blimey Lyndy what do you know that we don't....:emoticon-0104-surpr.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think he's being paid to spread false rumours plym. Hattrick indeed..............

Apparently Derek says all we have to do is start putting the chances away. If ever there was a prize for stating the obvious it would be guaranteed a football manager would win it every week. I'll just settle for a win however it's achieved.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0 down in 19 minutes....all Doncaster...Lameiras booked.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle 0-2 Doncaster.....60 mins...looking pretty dour.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

3-0 down....73 mins.....Argyle in free fall.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bradley off red card...80 mins....can this get any worse.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-3 F/T....this is serious stuff.
    No shots on goal.....no discipline.....no idea.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Spoken to a few people who went and said it was terrible, adams has to taketh blame and they are saying how much longer will he stay? unsure about that this early.. But something needs to start to change and soon or we are going to be in the ****

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Started to read match comments on pasoti....gave up after two pages....can it be that bad....sounds like Adams has no idea how to set up his team and the players have had enough....surely not that bad is it ?

14. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I got the score correct but to the wrong team(!). Pretty much everyone who wasn't suspended or injured either played or was on the bench-that is not an excuse but just an observation. Yet again we started brightly enough and then it was same old story; early yellow cars and conceded the first goal, heads dropped as did the crowd. The manager tried to change things , both with the starting line up and the formation in the second half but to no avail. At HT there was hope, but the second 45 was dreadful. Bradley's red was inexcusable- the worst of the 5 so far. Luke had a difficult game and made too many mistakes. No shots on target again. No idea what the solution is, but the plain fact is that teams have worked out that if they manage to wind us up early we will lose our heads with the inevitable result that we lose a player. We need to wake up to life in L1 and be smarter. Man for man we are good enough for this division, but need to find some teamwork.
    Still early days and I am convinced that 4 teams will finish below us this season. Looking forward to Tuesday!

15. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Gaah in the ****e agsin...me too but bitches never reason.....why......lol.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That was the worst show I have witnessed at Home Park for a very long time. All of them were poor or worse. Luke who was the hero last week was as bad as the rest and at fault for 2 goals. He just dropped the ball for a tap in. Cifcti is crap. That's an observation from all of the games I've seen him in not just this one. Bradley is a complete idiot. I didn't see it but am told he took a swing and even if he didn't connect you just cannot do that and he should know better. It almost looks like they are taking in turns. Doncaster are not a great team but boy did we do our best to make them look like Barcelona. I cannot see where another point is going to come from and at this rate we will go down with the highest against tally and the lowest points in history. Totally shocking and there can be no excuses for this one. Fletcher tried but he isn't the answer and looked out of his depth. On this showing you have to wonder if they train at all let alone together. It was embarrassing.

17. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Four red cards at home on the bounce is a sign of a team under pressure and creaking. Something has to change or it'll be straight back down to League 2.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Comments that "was McCormick fit" and if not why have we brought in two new goalkeepers this summer ?

19. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Only 2 keepers warmed up (normally all 3 take part) and I note Lindy's remark about "all those fit played". Maybe there are more injuries than we know.

This was indeed absolutely dire relegation form. MoM was the Devonport End ball boy who refused to give the Doncaster keeper the ball for another round of time wasting and placed it for the goal kick himself.

Ciftci has a good touch but takes too many of them, over elaborate, slow physically and mentally. Bring back Jimmy Spencer, why did we let him go?

Fletcher did OK under the circumstances but we still didn't really play 2 up front but a 4:3:3 again with Ciftci wide left and Lamerias wide right. You can't play a lad up the middle alone like that especially as his strong points look to be mobility and sharpness rather than strength. To go back a few years, he was Kevin Keegan without John Toshack.

Surprise, surprise we looked marginally better when Wylde and Ainsworth brought some real pace but by then it was far too late as we had a lopsided back 3 consisting of 2 CB's and 1 full back.

Then Bradley got sent off, which I didn't see, I presume it was for a punch or similar. No doubt there was provocation: the level of cheating in this league is horrendous with Doncaster showing all the skills, but we just have to get over that.

Assuming all except Taylor and Threlkeld are fit next week, I'd go:

McCormick

Miller (no choice unfortunately)
    Edwards
    Sokolik
    Sawyer

Sarcevic
    Fox

Wylde
    Carey
    Ainsworth

Jervis

At least then we have pace up front.....

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Next Tuesday actually notDistant, at Wigan,

Jervis not on the bench yesterday, so injured I assume....Cooper could have made the third keeper unless the Dutchman was unavailable late on.

We do need some power up front, so Blissett has to play, Fletcher just looks what he is a boy, should never be used alone up front, not fair on him.

Ciftci should also not be used as a lone striker, no presence in the air from what I have read.

We are desperate for Taylor to become available, although as I've already said we're not using Blissett as the targetman either, leaves me confused to be honest.

Oscar Threlkeld has grown in stature by just being injured and not available...how much longer have we got to have a weak link such as Miller being shown a clean pair of heels ?...must be common knowledge to other clubs by now.

Also is Sawyer's time coming to an end this season....teams are getting down the wings and causing chaos with are two central defenders, and also getting McCormick making mistakes yesterday (as I said earlier was he fit ?).

We have gone back to our Sheridan days never winning from a goal down....you would think that the players are starting to get a thing about it....heads do seem to go down.

One bright spot...Carey back Tuesday....accept for his good penalty, he owes a lot of good match time to Adams seeing he got extra wages for staying....he now needs to start earning it.

One other possible good point....know one is expecting them to win on Tuesday at Wigan.....so can they play with more freedom and surprise us all. Wigan have scored 17 goals so far this season,...and we have conceded 16 goals....maybe I'm being too optimistic, but lets hope we can turn it around....something needs to happen soon....we're only a few points away from not being in the bottom four.