1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Exeter

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 15, 2016.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

That's it. Seven on the trot, top of the league and a fine defensive performance.

Two potentially crucial injuries though to Garita and Carey.

MoM - pick from Garita, Carey or either of the 2 centre backs.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good win....derbies can be levelling....but we came through well.....as notDistant mentions lets hope that we haven't picked up any serious injuries today.

3. notDistantGreen

Hopeful Carey will be OK. Trelkeld had been waiting to come on for some while, so Carey going down and then limping off may be just gamesmanship.

4. notDistantGreen

Garita though could be a big blow - just when you think you have a striker who's

Good in the air
    Good on the ground

Who

Works hard
    Has pace
    Scores goals

what happens? Sod's Law kicks in.

5. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Bloody hell i didn't know there was a 5am. but i was there with head phones on and coffee in hand..
    A very good win.

6. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Nothing serious according to GOS final comments. ...A happy bunny today. ....<cheers>

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I got to listen to none of it at all. Had my grandaughters down from half 11 this morning and spent my time being a troll in the park.

Happy with the result though and to be fair not surprised at it. As I predicted Reid did not score and not being match fit did not start either. Hopefully the injuries are not too serious because we do not want to interupt the flow right now. 6 out of 6 and counting.............

8. notDistantGreen

Carey apparently "felt a little dizzy" some 10 minutes after the a heavy fall and went off as a precaution i.e. a tactical substitution accompanied by some gamesmanship. He'll be OK for Saturday I'm sure.

Garita has a hamstring injury. That sounds like we'll be without him for a while. A big blow because his all-action style of play is perfect for a lone striker. I'm not sure that's true of the rest of them.

I was interested in something Adams said post match - "everyone knows if they don't play well, they don't play next week". He couldn't take that line with a threadbare squad last year (his first year in post) but it's more meaningful now.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The huge difference is that we have cover all over the park and even bigger that virtually all of the players are our's and not being recalled anywhere. Last season we had too few players and far too many not our own. Adams said that neither injury was a worry so maybe the "hamstring" isn't a full blown one.

Was reading an Exeter fan site last night just to see if there were loads of sour grapes etc. The vast majority it seemed thought their side was pandts, well they lost so we know how that works, and that we were men against boys in the main. One or two grudging comments but mostly quite complementary. There was even a thread codemning the abuse Luke got and continually gets at these games. They all agreed it was disgusting and their supposed fellow supporters should quit. Apparently the chant for most of the half he was in front of them was "murderer". With choice expletives as well of course. I find it hard to fathom some people sometimes. Why would anyone want to stand behind somebody and just throw abuse at them.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hopefully to disrupt his concentration so that they score.....any other reason not relevant.......he's heard it all before and nothing they can say can be worse than his own thoughts on the subject.

11. notDistantGreen

Especially for those that haven't seen Garita....

Also, 2 assists from Tanner

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He's a strong boy isn't he. Nice lay off for the Carey goal and he set up the pass for his own.

13. notDistantGreen

Good through ball from Tanner too.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bristol City fans have taken note.....and are clammering for him back.....they think he's better than the Chelsea loanee that they have at the moment.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It was ever thus in the loanee field that is Argyle. It's why Adams was wise not to put his eggs in the loanee basket this term. We have suffered big time from loan players having to go back to parent club. We are getting goals from elsewhere at least so would not miss him as much as others we have lost in the past. I still don't want him to go mind.