1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Leyton Orient

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We still have Karleigh Osborne to start a game.....a good player for Div 2 I would think.....if only we can keep him fit......an Adams gambol maybe....but if it comes off it will be great for us.....giving us a depth of defenders to call on if things get tough.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

And Garita until January - I can't tell you how much difference I think he can make

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I hope you are right reference playing as well as we can notdistant. Have to say if the fare so far, never mind the results which cannot be argued against, has been average at best and the fact we are 5 points top of the league does say a lot about some of the others.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Have just seen the 2 sendings-off last night. Both absolutely nailed on and well done the ref, especially for having the nerve to do the right thing after only 20 seconds.

First one is very much like Bentley's sending off for us last season (or possibly the season before). Right on the touchline and therefore unnecessary, foot raised, late, if you don't get a red for that there'll never be any reds. Shows all the hallmarks of the caretaker manager revving the players up too much before the kick-off and the captain duly flying in recklessly to the first tackle in the game.

Second one isn't even disputed by the Orient manager.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I also saw them on the local news tonight and have to agree there was not much dispute was there. You need to ask why their Captain thought it was a good idea. He's not exactly a novice is he. He did it right in front of the dugouts and I'm still wondering if this wasn't a statement by him. As for the defender, run of the mill foul which any off them could commit. Definate last man and no arguments. Actually their manager didn't argue with either did he because he's not stupid and knew.