1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Leyton Orient

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

This gives a small taste of the cynical Orient "tackling", excluding the one that injured Sarevic, but 10m 35 secs shows the ball boy incident.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The ball boy had the ball for a moment before being pushed to the ground.......we need proper referees who apply the rules of the game at all times not just now and again.

I've just watched another video of the moment from behind the goal...and it can be clearly seen that the ball boy moves quickly to the ball....and is in the act of rolling it to the corner post for a corner kick.

He is blatantly shoved to the ground and ends up at least 6ft further back by the force of the push.

It can also be seen that the referee isn't far away and can clearly see the action.....he reacts by moving towards the incident....and I assumed he told the Orient player that he shouldn't of done that....but he took no further action....and the end result was we lost the match when a direct red card should have been given....would they then still be awarded that corner ?

The player has been found guilty by the FL....and can protest his innocence before this Friday evening....what about the referee does he get a punishment as well ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. Greenarmyjoe

Most of the refs in this league should be punished.. They are fecking useless and not fit to ref the DJM league.. See klattenburg has gone now or will be off. Not a bad ref..

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

According to the beeb report of this the match officials reported not seeing the incident. Well I think that video proves otherwise and I clearly saw him talk to the player at the time so to protest ignorance of it after the event is just bollox. Had he done his job the player would have seen red and they wouldn't have scored.

6. Greenarmyjoe

That bully has been banned for 6 games.. still not enough

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Justice at last and I think 6 games is probably enough. I had a look around on the Orient fan's forum last night just to see what they were saying. As expected there were quite a few pages of comments. It started off by most of them saying that it was the ball boy's fault and how he was probably time wasting and he didn't look much like a boy and so on. Some even suggested the clip they had seen was "inconclusive" and others that the lad had exagerated and taken a dive. A small minority were saying Kelly ought to have known better and he should expect to be done. As the pages went on some of the comments got a bit nasty towards Argyle for reporting it in the first place and sour grapes etc. Then the comments about McCormick started of course. Much further into it a new video was seen and the seeing spread to a number of others. Oh how the tone started to change. In the end the consensus was that Kellly could stand by for punishment and he was a pratt for doing the deed. 99% of comments from people who weren't even there. The comments on pasoti that some of them had read aboutour injuries was also ridiculed. Can't stand up to a tackle and so on. Perhaps after being made to look like a bunch of morons with the Kelly ball boygate they might like to think again about the merits of the deliberate setting out to injure tackle their proud players did. I actually do hope they get relegated now. Moronic supporters and dirty players. We don't need that in the league.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Dont worry Sensible, i doubt they will be in this league next season.. **** team and fans.. They were just as bad when we stuffed them earlier in the season, they had 2 dismissed that night. :emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0121-angry Time to move on and get promoted..

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Agreed Joe. Done and dusted now, move on and up.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

......and what about the Referee, no penalty for him.....he possibly cost us 3pts because of chickening out on dealing with the situation there and then......hope we don't get him again.....he wouldn't be to keen on coming to Home Park....could get a bit of stick from the green army.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't think they care about a bit of stick Plym. Whatever they did to the Ref wouldn't get us a different result. You would have to ask the FA what evidence they were looking at though. The Sky clip clearly showed the Ref looking at the incident and there were 8000 witnesses who could tell them he spoke to the culprit. I didn't see it would be consistent with the rest of his performance though so perhaps he does need strong glasses. It's either that or he just plain lied.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The FL comment that the incident was picked up on video.....the Referee having not seen the incident....COBBLERS he reacted to it and spoke to Liam Kelly straight away...but didn't do what the act required, disciplinary action.

13. Greenarmyjoe

He filled a nice envelope for those old twats on the FL.. How else would he be kept on as a referee.. :emoticon-0172-mooni

14. notDistantGreen

If they sacked all the useless referees, there'd be no game.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Alas but true notdistant.

16. notDistantGreen

Deleted

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Wrong thread....................<doh>

18. Greenarmyjoe

Play without a ref? makes no difference to some games? as they are anonymous

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Bit drastic there notdistant you could have just moved it. (not that I'd know how to mind)

To be honest Joe sometimes it would be better not to have a Ref at all given how stupid they are when they do make decisions. Blind when they don't and blind when they do.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not my own work but something I've just read on pasoti and then looked on the beeb football site. Oh the irony. The Ref for the Orient game did the effing reffing of the Posh v Rochdale match today.....................and...................sent 3 players off. 2 double yellows and one straight red. Funny but he couldn't see a bleddy thing at Home Park. Did somebody have a word do you think?