1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Oxford

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 30, 2018.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

At least 30 mins. extra sleep tonight. ..HNY

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Waiting for your comments Mr. Sensible.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He'll be down the club still with his mates BC....he'll be a happier little bunny when he gets home.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well here I am and yes I am a slightly happier bunny tonight. Make no mistake this was a hugely improved performance by Argyle and no fluke. However, the Refereee was Huxtable and he was as bad as ever. Also the lino on the Lyndhurst was the one who puts fingers up behind his back and makes gestures to the crowd. He never sees anything..................ever.

Oxford were one of the most niggly sides we have played. They kept holding, pushing, just having a go at different players and constantly moaned to the Ref every other minute. I think they singled out a couple of players to have a go at with the hope of a reaction. Sarcevic was one and Songo was another. Not impressed by them at all and Huxtable let them get away with it all too often. Never realised how much of a moaning twonk Makie is.

Anyway, lets not detract from our own performance. I cannot remember any of our players having a bad game today. All of them were well and truely up for it. Lameiras was head and shoulders above them all. He was so far MOM that it was embarrassing. Carey had a good game, Ladapo, Smith-Brown, Fox, Sarcevic all played their part. If we can play like that in one match why the feck can't we just do it normallly. Lameiras and Carey were back to their best of last season running players down and harrassing. Their interplay was too much for Oxford a lot of time and they couldn't cope. Oxford had a chance or two bu generally the mistakes of previous games were not there. We need a lot more performances like this between now and end of season but it's a start. Argyle 8 out of 10. The goals were all pretty decent as well.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well lets hope it's Argyle improving because they're getting their act together.....and not because Oxford are pants away from home...not one win away all season in the league...how on earth did they come here and beat us in the cup.

Adams had a theory that Oxford were rubbish because they went swimming the day before....they stayed overnight in the Crowne Plaza Hotel and the players took pics of them in the Hotels swimming pool. Isn't that the old Holiday Inn....Mrs Plym had a swim there when we came down a few years back and stayed a couple of nights there....it didn't effect her, although she wasn't playing football the next day of course.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Oxford weren't bad Plym so that isn't a reason. If they spent more time playing and less moaning to the Ref and fouling anything that moves then they might do even better. Even Nelson was at it. Mackie never stopped all game. Their No. 4 is a dirty barsteward. How it took so long for him to get booked I'll never know. There were others but those stood out.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Having just watched the 10 min highlights, Nelson should have been sent off. Sarcevic did a bit of pushing and shoving and deserved a yellow but Nelson had Sarcevic by the throat or at least the neck of his shirt. That's a red in my book.

Fox didn't look too smart to me. Some argue he doesn't have the legs or defensive strengths to play in a midfield 2 and needs 2 hard runners on either side of him to let him do the passing. Looked like that was true yesterday.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

One of the funny parts of the game was Mackie doing everything he could to wind up Edwards after a small tangle in the corner. He went on and on at Edwards and the Ref called them both to him for a finger wagging. Edwards just walked off after but Mackie would not let it go and still went on after his bollocking. Edwards continued to ignore him. Mackie even went back to the Ref to have another moan but it was obvious he was getting nowhere with it. After that he just plain moaned about everything and did his best to niggle anything in green. He was by no means the only one in yellow. If anyone at Argyle thinks the Wycombe side were masters of falling down and dripping then they have nothing on Oxford. A new side to dislike for the Army I think.