1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Peterborough

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No BBC here....just checked Sky Sports,......wish I hadn't....a massacre seems to be happening.....no defence today.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Plymouth don't normally getr much mention on BBC.....BUT Final Score can't stop mentioning the score today.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

5-2...F/T........Thanks to Sky.

Clarke-Harris...16mins (pen)...64mins.
    Kyprianou...19mins
    Burrows...54mins
    Taylor...78mins

Earley...36mins
    Gillesphey...58mins

Chasing pack all picking up points.....are the wheels coming off ?.....get Dan Scarr fit....the defence needs some overtime on the coaching pitch.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Pages and pages of comments on pasoti....depressing reading it....is it Charlton next week ?

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video....where was the defending ?.....doesn't look good for automatic promotion....or two trips to Wembley.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You just know the green army will down arms and run away at the first sign of a problem don't you. It's one game. Bad yes but one game only. If this keeps being repeated then ok panic but there is no evidence just yet that is going to happen. Bad day at the office and bad day on the beeb football site as well. I got fed up trying to keep up with it all.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I seem to remember saying a long time ago that the way we're set up, with the emphasis very much on attack, we may not lose many, but when we do, there's a chance we'll lose badly.

Apparently, Peterborough play what amounts to an old fashioned 4:2:4 and their 4 were up against our back 3, sans Dan Scarr. I haven't yet quite understood Saxon Earley but since he's played three, scored 2, it looks odds on he likes to get forward. In days of yore, Bali Mumba would have been given the No 7 shirt and called a winger (remember those?). We responded to going 2-0 down by taking off a more defensively minded midfielder in Butcher and bringing on Azaz. We took off Earley, leaving us with a back 4 including Mumba.

Stephen Schumacher has talked about individual errors. The penalty that started the rot was apparently caused by a failure to pick up a man from a free kick which Earley tried to redeem by a blatant push. He also referred to collective failings. It's also though the way we're set up and our mindset.

8. notDistantGreen

Actually, rather than tactics or performance, I think I’m at fault. I don’t believe I had my usual breakfast cuppa in my lucky Argyle mug on Saturday morning. I always do that on match days and only on match days. Mea culpa.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You better get your cuppa in your lucky Argyle mug next Saturday.....we're playing CHARLTON who beat us 5-1 down the Valley.....I unfortunately witnessed that dabacle.......with two family members STH down there....I'm desperate for a result.

Have you got more than one Argyle mug.....I'll be using the one with all the shirts from years gone by on.....be having my regular Cupasoup mid afternoon.

10. notDistantGreen

You can only have one lucky mug, although I must admit this one is now showing tea stains.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Needs washing at least once a week.

12. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

After seeing charlton on tues i dont think you have no problem they was dire and got very lucky not having a man sent off . Play like you normal play and your be fine second place is yours to lose

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We do have problems with Charlton.....I think they've put a curse on us a few years back and the spell needs breaking.