1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Rochdale

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 22, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Another team in the relegation zone for Argyle to cope with.................what could possibly go wrong this time.

Over the last 5 games the form of both sides has been fairly similar points wise with Argyle coming out just on top with one more. Rochdale couldn't buy a win at one stage but have sort of clawed themselves back into a position where safety can be gained. A win for them on Tuesday with Oldham losing for example would see them swap places and Rochdale being out of the relegation zone. Keith Hill has been their Manager for some time now and I think he's quite an astute one being an ex Green himself. I remember him here quite well. We have struggled a bit of late and owe somebody, anybody, a thrashing so why not Rochdale as they are next up. I hope a couple of players are back in the fold injury wise because I think we need them. We can do this so one last final push lads.

COYG

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

0-0 H/T.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Come on @officiallydale we are still well in this, though i have to say @Only1Argyle have played some of the best stuff i have seen at the Crown Oil Arena in that 1st half and hit the post with a rasper. #wefighton

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

4. notDistantGreen

Turns out Plymouth are fing brilliant. Played us off the park first 25mins. #RAFC #pafc #letsparkthebus

5. notDistantGreen

Rochdale fans seem impressed
    Could do with a goal though!

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Got one.....1-0...53mins...Grant.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1.....55 mins.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Very short lived lead now 1 - 1. I've just turned on and what a start for my viewing.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1 F/T.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Play-offs down to 5th...6th & 7th positions now.....we just need to start winning again.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Pompey are still in it but I think it might be difficult for them now. A draw for us wasn't the end of the world but I did hope for a bit more. Seemed we were under the cosh again for sometime although if you look at the stats it doesn't look like it. Scunthorpe is a massive game now although Rotherham won't be small change. The only pleasing thing about this evening is it makes Peterborough's attempt obsolete officially now. With us and Scunthorpe to play each other they cannot make it no matter what. Steve Evens now needs to be given the boot preferably into the middle of the Ocean with the rest of the sharks.

12. notDistantGreen

Very disappointing after a strong first half. The three remaining games look very hard now...... If only Ryan Taylor can make it on Saturday!

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

To be fair this looked harder before Christmas so lets never say never until it actually is. Still think it's been entertaining this season no matter what. Read on Pasoti that Sky are screening the Scunthorpe game now.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rotherham will be hard to move from 4th spot....so the pressure is off them....by finishing 4th they will have the benefit of playing their second leg against whoever finishes 5th at home. So they might be gearing up for their play-off games from now onwards......so do they want to risk injuries at Home Park on Saturday....they might give some fringe players a game....let's hope so.

The Scunthorpe game would be massive if we come away with three points from Saturday.....but if we lose on Saturday next Tuesday could be an anti-climax and the Gillingham game might just be a dead rubber like most games will be in the Division.

But the Argyle way is to lose to the struggling teams and beat the high flyers.....and don't we need that now.....what is obvious now is if we win our last three games we're in the play-offs and maybe Ryan Taylor might be back for the play-offs.....so many if's aren't there.

15. notDistantGreen

I don't mean to be pessimistic but I'm not sure the usual rules about beating anyone apply at the moment. In terms of injuries generally and the absence of a target man specifically we're back where we were in the 1st part of the season.

Come what may, I'm off to the Rotherham game with the intention of cheering the manager and team off the end of the home season. Whatever the outcome, they've given their all and a lot of fine football.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been watching the match video.....not quite sure what Matthews was trying to do for their goal.