1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Rochdale

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 13, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No shame from me notdistant. A goal is a goal however it happens and the records will show a 1 - 2 scoreline. I have watched the last 3 games at home and how we haven't come away with a shed load of goals I will never know. Chance after chance just hitting the wrong blade of grass and missing. The wrong bounce, the wrong keeper who didn't ought to put a finger nail out and get a touch. This time we won one from at least a dozen previously we haven't.

I did watch the goal on Sky news and what a feck up mind you. I think he took his eye off it and it didn't "bobble" as suggested. An easy kick out and lack of concentration. Every other player in his club has missed a kick before. It's the same old same old when it's the keeper on his line though. No hiding place.

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I spilt my coffee over that one.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't tell anyone BC but I'll be sending him his cheque in the morning..................

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

What happened to Ladapo think he was mentioned once on txt. com. or was he writing out his Xmas cards?

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I meant to mention this before and forgot. I knew the scores from yesterday afternoon as I was following it on my computer and on Sky football news channel. However, the results were given out on ITV on their early evening news. The woman reader stated "there was a mixed bag of results for out local football teams today". She went on to say that Exeter had won but Argyle had lost 2 - 1 to Rochdale with Yeovil drawing. (f I had been out and not heard the result I would have been moaning about our misfortune. I thought they might correct it but no such service. I watched the local news today where they gave out the results again with the same woman reader in the chair. They did it right this time so I waited for the appology of getting it wrong yesterday. Nah not a word. I am beginning to think they only give us the results because they have to and have no interest in any of it really. Bleddy shocking.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Where does the local ITV news come from? The BBC are here in Plymouth of course...

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bristol ?.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think it's based in Exeter. Mind you I'm not so sure the Beeb have a recording studio in Plymouth now either. Think that might be Exeter as well. They certainly favour Exeter in their reporting.

9. notDistantGreen

The BBC are in Plymouth Sensible, in Seymour Road.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I thought they had moved for some reason but clearly not. For an outfit actually based here in Plymouth then they have more than a healthy biased for Exeter sport.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

If it's rugby you can understand it....with Albion struggling in national League one and losing to quite small teams this season.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have watched the Beeb news a few times recently on a Sunday and they have quoted Exeter City FC first in their weekend round-up. We are the highest placed football league team in this area. However, we play second fiddle to them most of the time. Even ITV have done this more recently as well. Disrespect is what I call that. Can you imagine Manchester TV for that region reporting on Bury and Preston and the like before Man U or Man C. Not a chance.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle fans we may be.....but Man C & U have slightly more pulling power than Argyle....and Bury & Preston would have to win the World Club Championship before being mentioned either 1st or 2nd or 3rd oop north.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's my point though, because Bury or Preston are lesser clubs in the pecking order currently they get mentioned in their place and not above it. The top club in the South West is Plymouth Argyle ergo they should get the top mention. Not only that but they should also get the scores right.

15. notDistantGreen

It's just a desire for fair coverage I think. Exeter Chiefs obviously get a lot of air time as they are the equivalent of top 6 Premier League I think based on my limited knowledge of and interest in rugby other than England internationals. Most of the BBC staff live in the city so they aren't Exeter commuters!