1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Rotherham

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We might be lucky in the UK not being able to see live matches on Argyle TV.....a blessing in disguise.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Niall Ennis was withdrawn as a precaution after feeling a "tight" hamstring in the warm up. He will be assessed but no reason to think he's suffered a serious injury at this stage. I just going to slaughter the fatted calf for a celebration.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I watched the full 90 minutes yesterday.

Firstly, ArgyleTV. This wasn't ArgyleTV as such of course, but used Rotherham's video but away matches are the ones likely to be viewed most.
    • No commentary only crowd noise
    • No replays, even of the goals
    • Some really bizarre camera work. Several minutes were spent watching Rotherham's subs warming up and their manager demonstrating how to stand with arms folded. While play went on mind you.
    • Used my phone cast onto a TV rather than the laptop. Couldn't get a full full-screen picture and max resolution seemed to be 820P. Will try the laptop next time, connected by cable.
    Rotherham
    • I feared they'd bring Championship class to the game. They didn't. Long ball mostly, only player worth having was the RWB Ogbene.
    • Top tier cynicism though. Trips, deliberate handballs, kicking the ball away, time wasting, they have it all.
    • If they think they'll go straight back up, they are wrong.
    Us
    • We weren't that bad........ in spells.
    • The defence is more organised but allowed a corner to develop into a pinball session before Ladapo scored. Just needed a hoof on it.
    • Scarr really should have equallised with a header after about 20 mins
    • Don't know what happened with the 2nd, we were moving upfield from a clearance, someone slipped over and lost the ball and I suppose the defence hadn't got back in shape. They moved it quickly and scored the second.
    • Three players really didn't turn up. Mayor, Jephcott and Camara.
    • Hardie had a good game, a thorn in their side
    • We've got Houghton taking left side corners. We need to be careful that doesn't leave us vulnerable on the break.
    • Onward and upward.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting stuff notDistant.

I think it was mentioned on pasoti that Mayor lost the ball when he slipped.....and hey presto...2-0.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021