1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Scunthorpe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 2, 2020.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Several praising Bakinson BTW, some making him MoM despite Jephcott's goals.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Josh Grant's loan from Chelsea finished last Thursday (2nd Jan) so he was unable to play today.....he has been offered a contract....and he is considering what to do.....needs time to think it over.... having been at Chelsea most of his life.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I watched the goals earlier on the Sky Sports News channel. Oh dear. Afternoon to forget for their keeper. Couldn't happen to a nicer club. Personally I don't care what or how they get the result just as long as they do so am happy enough. Even though their keeper made a howler for the third I think Jephcott still had work to do to score it and he was very aware and moved quickly to challenge and get the ball. Is he the missing link?

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

That's what I thought, OK, the keeper spilled it - but did so in the face of Jephcott steaming towards him. Jephcott pounced on the loose ball and scored. It may not have been a thing of beauty but we'll take 20 of those a season! If Jephcott hadn't been quick to react, we wouldn't have scored and that's what Lowe has been saying: the strikers need to get in there and take the chances, however they arise.

We'll see if he can keep it going but I think there's a very high probability he'll start the next one!