1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Shrewsbury

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 12, 2017.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I have to say my loyalty is beginning to waver. I wasn't there but the impression I got of how the game went from various sources is similar to Lyndhurst's and Sensible's.

He started 4:3:3 and the beauty of that is that it supposedly easily morphs into 4:5:1 when the other side have the ball, if you have wide players with legs and the willingness to get up and down the pitch. Surely 4:5:1 is defensive enough when it's needed?

We were more or less on top so when Fletcher tired after a good shift, why not leave well alone and bring Blissett on? Instead of that, he fixes what's not broken, we concede a goal and then we end up with Blissett on anyway, leaving us lopsided somewhere.

Last year, Adams seemed able to make substitutions, particularly at half time, which won us games, especially away from home. He seemed to have the confidence that the players were better than the opposition, albeit in League 2. His mind seems to have flipped now whereby he doubts we're good enough in League 1 and goes ultra cautious as soon as we get our noses in front. Whatever it is, it isn't working.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having only been in front twice in 13 matches... being ultra cautious never seems to happen often enough to be a problem.

3. notDistantGreen

Well the other issue is whether we are aggressive enough at kick-off, especially at home against teams in the lower part of the league.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Some say we have been to aggressive. look at the red cards? but they are not all aggression? Surely we have to improve soon.. it was as a step forward against the unbeaten league leaders? Tuesday will tell? :emoticon-0147-emo:

5. Greenarmyjoe

Good news

6. notDistantGreen

I meant tactical aggression not physical!

7. Greenarmyjoe

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Admitting he made an error might be a good place to start Joe. Toumi was ok and given a couple more run outs will be more than ok. He won a fair few tackles and broke play up. It's what he was there for and he can pick a pass at times too. The other thing is he is vocal which is what we have lacked for this season at least. But, I don't care how Adams dresses this up it was him who blew the 3 points this week. Surely the last thing you do to a team and players lacking confidence is show you have no confidence in them yourself. That is exactly what he did and lost us a couple of valuable points in the process.