1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Stevenage

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 6, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Here we are again with pretty much the same verdict on this one as last week. A game we can win on form etc. We have just lost a game but to be honest I don't think that will have much bearing on any league form or games. A few injuries have mounted up but not something we cannot cope with this season. I keep asking the same question each week.....what could possibly go wrong.

Adams wasn't happy with Tuesday night and said we threw it away so I expect a few words have been said since. But he is happy, and why wouldn't he be, with our league form and results. Hasn't quite described us a Barca like as did the Accrington Manager for his team. Bradley has also said that he thinks this squad are capable of stepping up even more than now if they need to. He believes they have a better than evens chance of automatic. I think we can win this one but we are due a disappointment I would have thought just on the basis of laws of averages.

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Any point (or even a win) away from home has to be a good thing; as you say, we are due a disappointment but lets hope it isn't tomorrow. As a good omen, I bumped into Danis Salmon in the corner shop this afternoon, and even he thought we have the best squad for years. Both my boys went to his Sunday morning soccer school for several years-which was great, but when I reminded him that it started 16 years ago we suddenly felt very old.....

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You are very old lyndhurst. Not as old as plym and just be thankful you won't catch him up. He did his national service under the Wright Brothers. It's nice to know Danis reads my posts because I've been saying this squad has something about it for months now.

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

The good news is (or at least I think it is) that I bump into Danis quite regularly and have a chat (about 4 times a year and normally in the corner shop) and usually, no matter how upbeat I've been about Argyle, I've gone away thoroughly depressed at the end of the conversation. Clearly his insights have been correct over the last couple of years but today he didn't have a negative thing to say about the manager, players or backroom staff. Perhaps, finally, it might just be our season.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My Mrs had the commentary on the radio and the good old beeb lost the connection. Sounded quite even in the first half up to that point and looking at the half time stats it still does. 0 - 0 and all to play for it seems.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

A bitty it seems 1st half with Stevenage in Argyle's faces in an attempt to close us down. Honours fairly even statistically but Spencer hit the bar for PAFC in a strong last 5 minutes.

PS Comms seem to be down across the country - commentaries widely disrupted.

7. notDistantGreen

Honours no longer even, one-nil to PAFC, Bradley scores from a Carey freekick.

Correction, Fox freekick apparently - must be, it's a right footer!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  8. notDistantGreen

Honours even once again, Stevenage equalise with a 54th minute copycat goal. Possibly Godden from Cowans freekick or possibly a Bradley own goal.

9. notDistantGreen

Right this is becoming a Sonny Bradley one man show, 2-1 to PAFC.

Just refresh the page to stop the vid from looping.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well indeed a Bradley one man show on the score sheet. The man on Sky news who was reporting on the Argyle game gave him the first when all reports were saying Fox. He also gave him the second, their goal, when reports were giving it to a Stevenage player. The third they all gave right. I heard Bradley's name and Argyle spoken about more today than at any previous time. We must be impressing somebody to get so much air time even if there was no Premiership or Championship.

All I'm going to say is another 3 points and so it rolls on. Next up Portsmouth at home. That will be interesting to say the least.

11. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I not sure if we picked up anymore injuries from this game....but I find it encouraging that we have at present five players out either injured or on the verge of returning.....and the team still keeps steamrollering there way along, dropping only 2pts out of a possible 30pts.....we're starting to look like this years Northampton for Division Two.....although they were nowhere hear the top after only twelve games.

This would mean that after 46 games we would be achieving 107 pts .....5 more than our record year.

That's put the mokkers on it now .....sorry.

12. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

W667eww7weddewwdwddeddrwwwdwweddwwwwweeweeeeddeeddeddddwddedfddddddweddddeefddeweddddddwddddfdddddddfeddffddddddddddfdeddfdddeddfdedddefffeewedeefdeefdffffdedededdef.

Well something Bluey the Budgie jumped on my mobile and typed his version. ....lol!
    Excellent result as thought may come a cropper. Nice to see Bradley hitting again with 2 well executed goals. Hope brings a full house to HP next Sat. and play with same attitude. COYG!

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I said at the start that the laws of averages says we are going to lose at some point no matter how we are playing. I would not be as disappointed if it were against somebody like Pompey rather than say Newport, But although I don't want them to lose we can actually afford one and then start another run. Not that I'm saying we will lose of course.