1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Swindon

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 25, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All I will say with this one is John Sheridan is their Manager. Nough said.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looking at Swindon's league form this season you can feel a little hope coming on....so that could well mean a potential banana skin coming on as well.

They played quite well at Charlton at the weekend....going in at half-time with a 2-0 lead....but in the end having to settle for a 2-2 draw.....and not long ago winning at Ipswich.

Hoping that Adam Lewis is fully fit again....he did look encouraging when scoring a goal at Sunderland....also cup-tied Niall Ennis looked okay during his short little spell as well....he might be more useful as a first change up front when Hardie and Jephcott need replacing.

The transfer window is coming to an end soon....and we definately still need an experienced central defender to help shore up our defence....to keep us above a relegation struggle.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Watts, Opoku, Aimson, Edwards, Fornah, Grant, Mayor, Camara, Hardie, Jephcott.

Subs
    McCormick, Wootton, Nouble, Telford, Reeves, Moore, Ennis.

I assume Adam Lewis hasn't recovered from his injury.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...Camara...36 mins...H/T.

Will Argyle continue to dominate in the second half....or will they revert to total crap....lets hope not.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Superb performance albeit against poor opposition. Could have been any score in our favour really.

You really feel this side is gelling, they just seem so together as a team. Opoku being compared to Beckenbauer and Maldini elsewhere and I have to say he's been magnificent in the last couple of games.

I thought Danny Mayor was brilliant, selling more dummies than Mothercare ever did but tackling back too and so close to a great goal that would have done wonders for him.

I could list them all. No weak links tonight. Looking forward to Saturday!

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All around complete performance with Swindon never in the game. I agree notdistant you could pretty much list them all as having a star game. I would say however that Aimson was off a few times but he did ok in the end. Who would you pick as MOM for this one though. Camara did his usual and even managed to score on the turn no less. Grant did well, as did Mayor and Hardie. Opoku was very good at the back. Not sure who shaded it but perhaps would pick Opoku who has grown into his roll in every game.

What a poor side Swindon are. We only allowed them to play a little bit tonight but what they did they did badly most of the time and never really looked that interested. They are going to be in serious trouble this season if they don't buck up. They are a bit of a yoyo club so perhaps that's as good as they get. We could have had a hat full if things had gone according to plan but 2 - 0 away is good enough. Double away wins on the trot. Dizzy heights. Accrington on Saturday I believe which will be a far sterner test that this game.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-2...F/T

Camara...36mins...Hardie...67mins

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I didn't watch this one being mid-week.....Mrs Plym not being a footie fan we watched a video instead.

But it sounded as if we missed a very good chance to improve our very poor goal difference....which at the moment is working as a point against us with other teams around our points score.

Saturday will show us how we're doing....Accrington I think have a chance of promotion or at least a solid play-off spot....assuming that they don't waste those games in hand and of course run out of steam.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video....how on earth did Swindon win at Ipswich and draw at Charlton....Argyle should have improved their goal difference by at least two or three more than they did.

Watching Camara eating the ground up whilst flowing forward is a joy to watch....Lowe's best summer buy by far.

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Nice quote from Ryan Lowe in his post match interview - " I told them they've become a good side and they now need to show they can become a very good side ".

That's the attitude I like.