1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Versus Wigan

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Nov 26, 2021.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I've stolen Sensible's thunder just to say that tomorrow's referee is Mr. Andrew Woolmer, he of the phantom penalty decision that cost us two points against Lincoln.

Not going for us at present is it?

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Blimey notDistant they'll be repercussions for doing that.

One good bit of news for us is that Wigan striker Charlie Wyke was admitted to hospital yesterday after falling suddenly Ill......this is not the only case this week....John Fleck (Sheff U) and Adam Traore (Sheriff Tiraspol) had also fallen suddenly Ill....there is no known link to Covid although there does seem to be concerns.

Wigans near perfect away record is a bit worrying even without Wyke being unavailable....and of course our inability to really test opposition keepers during the last two matches,

Brendan Galloway will be having a MRI scan today to check on what damage his knee went through Tuesday evening....I assume they have been waiting for some of the swelling to go down before being able to check properly on its condition....ironical isn't it how we had been protecting his workload by sharing games with Gillesphey.....what is obvious is that Gillesphey isn't so skilled a player has Galloway who we will miss.....hopefully the return of James Bolton soon might compensate for his lose....and then the return of Naill Ennis up front might kick start are scoring.....he does have the added abilty to hold up the ball...which Hardie and Jephcott cannot do.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Start away notdistant. I promise not the throw toys around. I'll just dock points at some point...........

It's a bit harsh to say Wyke being missing because he collapsed in training is a good thing Plym. I'm not so concerned with who they have or don't have as the weather forecast for tomorrow. Doesn't sound like it will be a day for tippy tappy football. Not sure I will be looking forward to the trip to the Club House afterwards.

4. notDistantGreen

It's OK, I added them on while I was scoring, Actually, no I didn't, what's gone wrong since?

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I noticed is what happened.........

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

M Cooper, Grant, Gillesphey, Scarr, Wilson, Edwards, Mayor, Houghton, Camara, Hardie, Jephcott.

Subs
    Burton, Broom, Garrick, Agard, Randell, Law, G Cooper.

Same eleven as last week but for Gillesphey for the injured Galloway.....Mayor is tried again instead of the more dependable Broom.

Early goal required to give them confidence......Wigan the best away team in the league will make it very hard.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...Keane...35 minutes.

Going to be difficult now.

8. notDistantGreen

Argyle were just getting into the game after a poor first 15 minutes when we lost the ball at the Wigan end. Wigan break quickly, Cooper comes out but fails to get the ball. Is that another mistake or was he left unprotected and had no choice? 0-1 in any event.

Almost immediately, Jephcott off, Garrick on. Hmmmm.

9. notDistantGreen

10. notDistantGreen

An 8 minute spell in 4th, back up to an interim 3rd!

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...Mayor...43 minutes

Mayor scores a goal.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...H/T

Argyle making a fight of it.

Jephcott subbed in the 38th minute....not injured....Garrett on.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-2...Lang...90 minutes.

Bleddy hell.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-2...F/T.

Heartbreaking.

15. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Yeah great news.

You horrible bastard <ok>

16. notDistantGreen

Seems we did enough to deserve a draw at least but we're off the boil.

A section of fans disgraced the club too. Offensive chants about Charlie Wyke and idiots from the recently reformed Zoo Corner invading the Barn Park End and scuffling with Wigan fans. So much for the new relationship between fans and club.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I should have explained myself more clearly...I wasn't suggesting that Wyke's being Ill was a good thing.....I was suggested that Wyke's not playing would hopefully give Argyle a better chance.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  18. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Gonna happen like last season if don't sort it immediately!

19. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

This "PC" nonsense has gone too far Plym...people are such Snowflakes these days.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Takes all types.....all the history I've learnt....including an Open University Degree is being turned into trash by political correctness and people re-writing history to suit there agendas.

hp_bedoboy and Nig like this.
  21. notDistantGreen

All we were aware of when that was posted was that he wasn't playing. I'm sure Plym didn't know he was potentially seriously ill rather than just injured in the normal way of things in football. I didn't realise until I read the pre- match stories this morning.

I'm sure all decent Argyle fans wish him all the best and disassociate themselves entirely from those thugs that made offensive chants at the game.

We also disassociate ourselves from what I expect were the same group of knuckle draggers who got into the away area late in the game.

The background to this is the area they came from is known as Zoo Corner. That's because Plymouth Zoo used to be behind the ground there but it certainly fits the fans who like to there to be as close to yhe away fans as possible. There's been a long running battle between the club and those fans and until the start of this season, Block 16 was the designated as the Family Zone to prevent it being occupied by pond life. No doubt following promises of good behaviour, the Family Zone has been moved to Block 7 and the Zoo Corner reinstated.

You will see the Club has issued a statement this evening and when it says "No Tolerance", the owner means exactly that. I look forward to those responsible being banned for life.

Wooperts_duck likes this.