1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-1 Wordsworth 32mins.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Another thunderbolt, this time from Wordsworth. One of those goals, no blame attaching to defence on this occasion.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1 H/T.

4. notDistantGreen

A few worrying moments from Macey. Not what we need...

Sub on the way for Argyle it seems... action in the dugout.

5. notDistantGreen

Joel Grant warming up.

6. notDistantGreen

Grant on for Smith-Brown who's been operating as a wing back along with Riley on front of a Songo'o, Edwards , Sawyer back 3.

7. notDistantGreen

Songo'o, who's been outstanding, commits a howler, 2-1 to Wimbledon.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-1...Pinnock...35 mins.....here we go....bottom.

9. notDistantGreen

I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that we're doomed. Another decent performance thrown away by an individual error.

10. notDistantGreen

Lameiras coming on for an injured Joel Grant. Terrific.

11. notDistantGreen

Argyle have a goal disallowed at the death. 2-1. Doomed.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-1 F/T....bottom of the league....enough is enough Adams cannot stop the rot....Directors must stay strong and show him the door.....we don't need him bringing in more rejects and sick note players....let the new manager do the January window.

Only one shot on target the whole match....we were playing Wimbledon for goodness sake not Real Madrid....this is embarrassing.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Five pages and sixty five posts since the match ended on pasoti...headed Adams out.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0119-puke:

15. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I thought Adams put out the best team he could,
    Then it's up to the players.
    Was it Songo that miss kicked allowing the Wimbledon player to beat the goalie
    Game over.

16. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I saw the 1 - 0 and sat there waiting for the 1 -1. Not too long to wait and there it was. I then sat there and waited for the 1 - 2 and sure enough eventually it came. What an absolutely crap cristmas period for the green army and it doesn't look like it will get better. I think we are fecked now good and proper and it is time for Adams to go. Get rid now board before your crowd disappears.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams says he will not be quitting....I have been here three and a half years and been hugely successful.... and intend to be here another four and a half years.....

Will the directors agree....it looks as if there is no way out for Argyle and Adams style of football will be what we have to endure until the end of the season.....success will be finishing 20th this season....and that depends on him bringing anyone in to strengthen the defence....Songo'o who has been one of our best players this season made the error and gifted them the winner.

We should have buried the opposition in these last two games....but we continue to leak goals to an alarming scale....46 now in 24 matches....only Scunthorpe have given more away....yet we can only get one shot on target today and that from distance.

18. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

All depends on the January Sale, let's see who he brings in and let's go.
    There are still a lot of games left,

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Being bottom of Div 1 will make it hard to attract the players he needs to do the job....has he got the wages to offer to entice the type of players (assuming there isn't a fee required as well) that we need to do what's required.

Will he need to sell players we cannot afford to lose to make available the cash necessary to bring in quality players.

BUT....taking into account the appalling summer buys that Adams accumulated last summer has he got the ability to choose well this time....of all the players that came in only Ladapo was successful....will he have to sell him to get half decent defensive replacements to shore up our terrible leaking defence....46 goals given away in half a season.

When you consider that Adams chose his new players at the beginning of the summer window....not desperately clutching at last minutes straws...and having most of pre-season to blend them into a good team....BUT testing them against local amateur teams....then just before the season started they played a Div 2 team Yeovil and where blown away 5-0....didn't that send out a warning that maybe things weren't so rosy....it didn't worry anyone but the fans so it seems. These players that had come in seemed to fit the usual pattern that Adams had done before..... players who were injury prone... so spent too long on the physio's couch and in the gym recovering....that's why they were affordable to Argyle....ok now and again it works....but we do end up with players who get released from clubs who are not playing often at an higher level than we are....and we find out the hard way that we've bought a duff one.....do clubs see Adams coming... so they off-load their injury-prone players in are direction....knowing that Adams is a gambler on taking a risk.

I do wonder how he can move on these duff players without wasting money paying up their contracts.....I personally feel that even if we stay up this season, we will only experience the same again next season.....are we starting to wonder if the tail (Adams) is wagging the dog (PAFC) instead of the Directors being in charge of the future of this club.

20. notDistantGreen

Did you listen to the radio commentary Sensible?

If I understood it properly, there was a VERY worrying comment in it.

I'm not sure who the summariser was but he was clearly well connected with the club and the ecosystem in which it swims. Ian Newell sent him some Xmas treats at half time.

At the end of the game, he and the commentator discussed the need for new players and the commentator mentioned that, if asked, Hallet was willing to listen to requests for extra spending.

The summariser, whoever he was, said that Adams was a proud man and had no intention of begging. The summariser expressed the hope the two would get together and get the job done.

Now if that's true, it's horrifying. Playing internal politics like would be gambling with the club's future. It also raises questions in my mind about what happened to Craig Brewster and Greg Strong.