1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Wycombe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 24, 2019.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've just been around the boards having a read of the supporters perspectives on this one. Surprise surprise, Adams is shouting loudly about time wasting and how it went a long way towards how the game panned out. He refused to use the word "cheat" but I do actually think it is what he meant. Injury feigning and all that jazz. The fans are also having a bleat about pretty much the same thing.

Have to say it doesn't agree with most reports of the game from the neutrals. We were apparently crap today and Wycombe could and should have been several up by half time. The dark arts jibe is just yet another red herring being thrown out there to disguise our not turning up. I could have written most of those posts before the game even kicked off because anything other than a win or a draw was going to attract the accusations. As a football club we would do pretty much anything to gain a win and anyone who says we wouldn't is lying to themselves. I hate it and don't want to watch it but if say we did it in every away game and got a result then we would be applauding it all day long. We lost today so rather than bleat about it lets just move on and win the next 4 instead.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Songo'o is credited with the goal....it will be some satisfaction that Akinfenwa didn't score it.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

BBC says 9 minutes of extra time played.....was that because of injuries or time added for time wasting ?

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Watched it all. Unfortunately in the first half we had reverted to some of our earlier performances and were pretty dire . Ruben hit the bar towards half time but apart from that we were rarely in their half. Second half much better and we really gave it a go , but to no avail. It was typical Wycombe, still my least favorite team . They wasted time at every opportunity , feigned injury and generally spoilt the game. I agree with DA's post match comments, but equally I am not sure what else we should have expected. The referee played nearly 9 mins extra time in the end, but he should have taken earlier action to stop the time wasting. No sour grapes from me- exactly what I expected and we failed to deal with it . Forget and move on.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see Wycombe's goalkeeper Allsop got booked last night against Blackpool.......I wonder what for.....:emoticon-0183-swear.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Shockingly, it was for time wasting.