1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vile Songs Again

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by DayDoDoeDontDayDoe, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

Here we go....Donga will be on soon demanding video evidence....

2. Two wrongs don't make a right. I don't care "who started it", the people doing this deserve the consequences they should receive no matter what happened beforehand! It is out of order, end of! And, as I keep saying, the Liverpool fans included.

This is not a Man Utd vs Liverpool, it is football vs twats!

Please cut out the attacking before the thread gets derailed and has to be closed, that goes for everyone <ok>

3. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Both sets of fans are equally wrong for singing the songs. However, what you're suggesting is that self control goes out the window - on the anniversary day, of all days - if you're provoked?

PMK - you're right it doen't help that 'respected' journalists simply repeat the 'racial abuser Suarez' line without investigating before writing the 'truth'. Opposition fans won't be bothered to inform themselves because they'd rather think the worst anyway.

4. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Post a picture of that happening horses head?, didn't happen mate.

Sir Bobby Charlton had guests in the directors box at OT yesterday, the families of the Hillsborough dead and he was disgusted with what they had to listen to during the game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rltons-gesture-to-Hillsborough-families.html#

5. You are right but still doesn't make it right IMO

6. johnsonsbaby

I think we're both on the same page with this one. Those type of songs shouldn't be sung under any circumstances.

Just out of interest, looking at the link Page provided, is is ok to sing 'you're one lying b......' to Evra. Is that 'banter'?

7. Page_Moss_Kopite

It's not banter, it's not racial and it's not related to death.<ok>

8. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

I seem to remember that, after the match 2 young boys did run in front of the United supporters making aeroplane signs. Now, if that can be considered as provocation by Liverpool supporters then I think that you're stretching the point too far.

As for yesterdays match. There is absolutely no comparison between calling Evra a liar and chanting Murderers

9. I'd agree with Page, it's not really acceptable but then, fans have chanted "who's the ****er in the black" at the referee for years, surely that's worse since their more or less on their own, the players have the team and management to help them out, fans too. Doesn't make it right <ok>

10. Yeah, I recall that too. Wasn't it just one though? Did it just as the was about to go through the exit doors too so showed a lack of bollox to take the flack, ie, do it and run <doh> The lad should have been pulled to one side and severely reprimanded, especially considering the Hillsborough verdict had been heard a few days before too <doh>

I don't agree with the 'stretching' point though, it was clear what the aeroplance fan intended and meant IMO

11. One of the lads

I'm not stretching any point.

12. Foredeckdave

Sure, the lad(s) should have been reprimanded - publicly even, given the sensitivity of the issue. But 2 silly boys cannot be used as a defence of provocation.

I do disagree about the Evra thing. If it's acceptable to sing "You Know What You Are" then it's perfecrly acceptable to respond by calling Evra a liar.

13. Page_Moss_Kopite

NOF, there's no excuse for it, just accept that yesterday it was Utd fans that let Sir Bobby and their club down and lets move on.<ok>

14. Could not agree more, nothing can be used a defence IMO <ok>

15. One of the lads

I'm not excusing it and I'm also not a member of the chant police, I leave that to you Paige.

16. Foredeckdave

NO Page, let's not move on. It happens at every United game both home and away. United as a club and their supporters associations refuse to address the issue. However, the are quick to condemn any reference to Munich. Until such times as THEY end the hypocrisy, it's just going to go on and on.

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

Chant police?

That's actually a good idea, it wouldn't be a bad thing if a few officers on duty were given the job on matchdays to weed out the culprits and charge them with public order offences.

18. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

which one?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and hope people don't jump in with two feet at me here.

If it is the "always the victim, it's never your fault" chant then that is not in relation to Hillsborough, it's no coincidence that they started singing it after the Suarez/Evra affair, it's about your defence of Suarez and refusal to take any blame and then Dalglish's scathing defence of him and how Liverpool jumped on the media witch hunt tag.

If its another chant then just ignore the above. I can't stand hypocrites though. I've heard some things about what your 'fans' did today.

Shogun you were right to remove this mate. It is using Hillsborough ect but Fergie can explain it away as the evra thing, which is nonsense cos they've been singing that sh!t long before last season, they just gave it a new catch phrase, always the victim. It's NEVER your fault, if you understand your own spoken language, NEVER.. could not and does not refer to one incident, it's total, NEVER, as in every event that has happened, Heysel & Hillsborough.

What makes this a little twisted and shows the extreme football tribalism of manc supporters is that those were English football fans, their countrymen not just Liverpool supporters.

For all the mancs saying appalling, those are individuals, crowds act differently.

For all that has been thrown at Liverpool supporters, I'd never bring my kid to OT to see a game well because I just wouldn't expose my kids to scumbags.

19. johnsonsbaby

I don't think we'll ever stop chants but I think the clubs could do a lot more.

In the first place keep saying over and over if necessary that the club disassocciates itself from these fans and they will be banned if caught. It beggars belief that people can chant about tragedies, it really does.

20. saintKlopp

We all know that that chant is a reference to Heysel and Hillsborough. Anyone trying to deny it is either naive or being disingenuous.
    All chants of this nature should be roundly condemned and actively dealt with regardless of their club.
    The "You started it" defence is childish and pathetic.
    This is not about Liverpool and Manchester United- it's about common decency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.