1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vote LIBERAL DEMOCRAT

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Terror ball, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Democracy in simple town.

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I have a solution! The needs and challenges of Wales the north of England cannot be understood by the endless parade of old Etonions lining the front benches of the House of Commons, with it's crap London-centric south. Wales and the north of England should join the newly independent Scotland and regain control over its own destines. Take a line across the map from Hull across to the top of Offas's Dyke at Chester, that would give us the best working parts of England Wales and Scotland, I'm sure the Macs and Scousers would love to throw in with Wales and Scotland and ditch the Etonian garbage as much as we and the Scotts do, job done and we all live happy ever after......<cheers>

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  3. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

What a wonderful idea, I reckon you've cracked it Phillip.
    Get the Penclawdd militia in extra training, next week we roll...

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Getting the local 'Donkeys' involved would be a disaster................<laugh>

5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Penclawdd my favourite fish shop resides there <ale>......

ps also doubt a militia could be had down penclawdd looking at the age of the residents, unless of course they went under the guise of Robert zimmer man gang, tbh I`d love 2 see it kicking off between the Robert zimmer man gang and the Chelsea pensioners on the old kent road

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Why ??? what do they do except waste tax payers money....whatever you think there is only two parties that have any power with the rest just making a noise that go nowhere unless one of the two big parties say so....,.,Ban the lot and make voting compulsory between the two main and only viable parties. All other parties are obsolete and only enable the country to be run by a party who hold 35% of the countries vote......you call that democracy because i don't....

7. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Sounds like a choice of being burnt by acid or by fire only there Dai ?

8. swanseaandproud

I don't think it's right or democratic for the country to be run by anyone who don't have a minimum of 51% of the vote. How can that be democracy when the majority of voters have voted against the elected party....

9. swantastic

To have a 51% majority is the ideal, but an only 2 party race would mean a clear difference in policies would be needed covering all aspects of running the country and all angles of what different people want which would cause more division as a large amount of concerns would`nt be priority of just 2 parties so the fringe parties cover those angles for them ?

10. swanseaandproud

No that's where you are wrong there swan.....the two main parties cover everything and are very similar in there policies. you don't need these fringe parties like the greens,independent etc etc ..These smaller insignificant parties hold the same views as the two main parties and all they do is spoil any chance of true democracy...When a party holds all the power even though nearly 2/3rds did not vote for them then i don't call that democracy in any shape or form....

11. swantastic

But Dai if there are only 2 parties and they are the same could they become a dictatorship banning any competition from other parties forming and just do as they please with impunity ?

12. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

it doesn't matter how many fking parties there is tbh does it

swantastic likes this.