1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Bayern Munich (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Feb 9, 2019.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away loss

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

I don't think it would.

Now tv is not a "bad deal" for a reasonable fee for a days sport. but for one match its a bit much so you have to use it to the max when you buy.

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I've used that on occasion and yes it's good but like you say expensive for one game. No CL on it though as it's Sky.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah, thats the rub.

We are all seeking means to see LFC play one game midweek in CL in a weeks time and are not looking for a long term commitment to do so as we may be out after away game. we can't tell.

If I could pay per view even with BT ok...

when sky did football ppv the fee was astronomical at the time for what was in effect a prem game 10 quid was it?

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

BT are worse for giving you access, for example I have the BT channel on my Sky Box and was willing to sign up for 12 months, they wanted £50 to activate the channel. ****s.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

They really don't want cross company access at all. Apple tried this with google mail etc on their phones and just lost business.

I don't know what sky charge BT to activate the thing but they really should be charging 0 profit on getting a subbie out of a sky viewer. If sky charge bt 50 quid to do it then BT should be shouting it out and calling on Sky viewers to complain about it.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think Sky charge them anything, they are just robbing bastards with terrible customer service.

Bumps likes this.
  7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I refuse to pay extra for any of them. I have BT Sports (in 4k) simply because I have to XL TV package with Virgin

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I know a few people who have BT through another provider and the deals are generally really good.

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'll be sacking it all off and just having internet in the next couple of months

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

The premier league really needs to get serious with their business model. Here in Africa you can easily get 100 million subs on a pay as you watch model. The infrastracture is provided by MNOs and data costs mean you can stream a game with data bundles under £1.

If you charge £1 a game and 50 mil buy it that is £50M a game. The Satelite provider DSTV pays £300M for the 3 year rights package.

They can make a killing if they went for scale rather than this elite type packages they currently offer via rights holders

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I don’t mind sky. You do get a lot of sport for your money if you’re into it. Football, F1, cricket (although BT getting the ashes was a pain in the ass), tennis etc.

Shame they dont have la liga anymore as that was always a nice watch.

Have to think it’s only a matter of time before things dramatically change. Only thing is that the prem are holding firm on not showing any 3pm game live in this country so a tailored viewing still won’t actually help that when your team is on Saturday (which if you’re a mid table type team will be most weeks)

12. moreinjuredthanowen

its built into uk law.

Theres zero impact on crowds imo at this point. Others are getting MAJOR better service and frankly on of the aspects that drives streaming is US people can watch all games live by choice and they then strem them back here on dodgy **** feeds.

That rule must go. If they want to deal will illegal **** thats no 1.

13. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Cannot see the PL voting that through due to the fear for the majority of losing income i.e. Burnley et al plus one of the strengths of the PL has been it's equitable distribution of TV money in comparison to many other leagues.

Bumps likes this.
  14. LuisDiazgamechanger

15. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

saintKlopp and Bumps like this.
  16. LuisDiazgamechanger

17. moreinjuredthanowen

They won't lose anything.

all they'd be doing is say if there are 5 games on we get to see any of the 5 we want.

they still have to be given their quota of games on main tv slots be that Sunday or Monday or early.or late.. that's a separate rule.

if burnely play 3pm Saturday chances are they ain't main match on tv anyway unless it's v top 6.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

19. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

three matches in 8 days coming up:

Bayern (H) on 19th March, Man United (A) 24th and Watford (H) 27th.

Should Klopp keep his key players fresh (at least giving them fewer than the full 93-94 minutes!) for the CL game and prioritise the premiership matches? Going full steam on the Bayern game will increase the risk of tiredness/injury for these 2 key PL matches?

Which is more important the CL or the premiership? We did rest key players against Real Madrid a few years ago.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

what we need to do is to try win all 3.

the reality is the Bayern game is first and what happens in it will determine our approach.

e.g. Utd lost 0-2 playing Sanchez for no good reason... spurs played what they could and got 3 goals second half.

we could be 2 up after 25mins.. then you need to decide as a manager do you rest salah and firmino or what... we could be 0-2 down after 25 and not be able.

the real point is that circumstances in each game will dictate.

cl is must win.

utd is must win away.

Watford is must win.

what we are now talking a out here is THROWING yet another cup.

prioritise this, prioritise that.

poch is now a hero cos one half went his way not the opposition's way. he threw both cups in the bin 2 week's ago and looked a fool.

what's right?

my.view is try to ****ing win the game in front of you.

we will end up saying by the end 4th was our priority so why try win league when it's getting 78 points that really matters !!!!

I hate the attitude I really do. it's just a general thing not aimed at any one person

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.