1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, May 8, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

United have a sum total of 4 more points than last year so far.

Talk of progress is hilarious. They are with respect still full of squad gaps and issues

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

This is the thing. They have 70 points with 2 games left. Normally that gets you 4th and possibly 3rd place but this season 70 is getting you second.

Shows how poor or maybe inconsistent is the right word that those behind city have been. Heck even city haven’t been as good, they’ll win title with max 89 points and in last 3 years titles been won in the high 90s.

if someone fancies working it out, I’d imagine the points difference between 4th and 17th will be lowest it’s been for a while.

3. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

We can hardly talk

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah, last year we ran away with the title and utd could get 3rd with 66. This year 76 or less could be 2nd but last year it was 81. thats why i think its swings and roundabouts and really utd are bullshitters. They absolutely flopped in the CL and got the parachute into the easy Europa and are making it out to be a huge thing.

4th to 17th so its really 70 to 40 = 30 and how far off that it is who knows. those are the targets team should be having to get either space.

Here you go

chelsea 66 to villa on 35 = 31 points.
    spurs 71 to brighton 36 = 35points.
    liverpool 75 to southampton 36 = 39points
    liverpool 76 to watford 40 = 36 points
    man city 66 to sunderland 39 = 27 points
    man utd 70 to villa 38 = 32 points
    arsenal 79 to west brom 36 = 43 points.

This year the current gap is cheslea 64 to brighton on 37. so 27 points (so far) it could be 69(LFC) to 40 and be basically near enough "normal"

I find these things generally are swings and roundabouts. There is certainly a bigger gap between promoted teams and the rest now than there had been before. 35 points seems to be in and about safety these days. It seems very tough now to make the leap up.

70 is a good target to be 4th, its really where is the 5th place team so in general 70 is a decent target.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

ours is diametrically opposite situation.

We are not boasting about progress and 2nd like OGS. We are apologising for having a terrible season.

My view is utd are really no better than last year but pretending to be and we are much much worse than last year and not claiming to be anything different to that.

6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Yeah, but as was re-iterated time and time again last night by United pundits and Martin Tyler (same thing), the poor darlings have gone three games without Maguire now - how can they be expected to defend? But you Scouse victims stop whining about being without Virgil for 30-odd games. Right? :huh:

Bumps and moreinjuredthanowen like this.
  7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Utd would be ****ed without Fernandes <ok?>

8. Prince Knut

They'd certainly have lost by a lot more had he not been refereeing last night's game.

9. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I’ve only just seen Mane’s reaction to Klopp at the end of the game. I find that kind of attitude disgusting, he himself admits that he hasn’t had the best season and just watched who replaced him score the equaliser and play really well....very poor and concerning imo.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

as a senior pro as well who's just watched salah score another, well i have to agree. there's no excuse for a senior pro who didn't get his way to do that.

the ethos is team first and all in it together. Its been crystal clear his head's not in it for month and honestly the same can be said for wijnaldum. the extra mile that the right attitude brings is not there.

the thing that I have to point to is leeds. I was delighted to see a bright, honestly good efforts for a half where we absolutely killed them. We flattened leeds for 45mins. Why? mane turned up for one. Why? salah wasn't playing?

well he stunk the place out after half time. absolutely stunk it out. maybe he was told he'd be coming off, maybe he just thought he'd done enough i don't know. what i do know is on 70mins at 1-0 up mane was subbed for salah. Seems a prearranged timing to me.

If i were klopp in these final 3 games, mane would be sat on the bench and i would not turn to him unless really needing to. I would rather sub him on as a passenger for 20mins if winning by 2 or 3 but could you trust him? I am not so sure if its 1-1 with 20mins to go for 4th that turning to him would not just result in him just not trying hard.

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

12. moreinjuredthanowen

one of the nicest things last night was listening to neville starting his stupid "scabby" abuse for utd for not wanting it enough (zero praise for us of course) then at 2-3 you coudl hear him gushing and willing the next goal in. Right sickener for the nasty **** when salah scored.

the twat beside neville was even joing in at 2-3 telling carragher he'd shut up and all that.

Bumps and Prince Knut like this.
  13. Prince Knut

Just nicked that for 'The other place'. I know you don't go there. <ok>

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

PL board? I go occasionally but it's too active, can never be arsed to catch up

Prince Knut likes this.
  15. Prince Knut

Martin Tyler sounded like the man holding Boris Johnson's £500 snow tab as well.

Bumps likes this.
  16. saintKlopp

Covid. Can't go round kissing strange cameras.

Bumps likes this.
  17. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Bumps likes this.
  18. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

^this. Loves to go in two footed on the club. Insidious tw@t.

19. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Haven’t seen it but can imagine lol

20. saintKlopp

He doesn't bother me, tbh. I don't know why people get so worked up about him. As a player yes, but as a pundit he's just one of several I do my best to ignore. He's actually a lot easier to ignore than McManamanamanan - fellow Scouser of course, but he really does my head in.