1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Jan 8, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away loss

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

This stat below highlights a big issue in midfield. We may have more possession but the wrong players are on the ball and are not using it well enough:

Hendo and Thiago played half each last night:

both had 78 touches

Both 4-6 Long passes

Hendo created 2 chances, Thiago 1

Hendo had 88% passing , Thiago 83%

2. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Fab Hendo Thiago

Gini will replace Hendo if he plays in defence - which, frankly, he has to if we don’t buy anyone because the alternatives look like they have houses on their back when they run.

Then all we have to do is figure out how to replace the best DCM in the world (ish) while he’s in defence

3. Jimmy Squarefoot

Yep, that’s our best midfield. Need to get Hendo back in that role

4. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

and Fab <ok>

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We'll ****ing smash'em :emoticon-0165-muscl

6. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

So Hendo, Fab, and Thiago in midfield leaving Williams and Phillips as CB's. What could possibly go wrong! We will not see that midfield until next season

7. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

yeah...I wasn’t suggesting now. Our problem isn’t up front, middle or at full back. It’s at CB - mostly because we don’t have any and we have to take our best midfielders out of their positions. If Hendo plays, that’s 4 positions in the spine.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

We are going in against this forward line.

Rashford fernandes pogpoo​
    Martial​

Now I dont know who we think Phillips who is slow is going to cope nor williams who cannot get the right side of his opponent.

Utd will be either stupid and play deep cos its anfield or they will be all over us.

He rest of utd is bang average

De Gea
    Awb lindeloff maguire Shaw
    Mctominay fred​

We should be licking our lips but we have played so poorly who is going to hurt this back line and rubbish midfield?

We should dominate them, pogba should be a liability, a passenger but let's see.

My prediction is 5 yard safe passing between whoever plays cb giving utd heaps of time to funnel across and then press on.

Zero space for thiago to play in due to utd having ample time to press up before fabinho finally gives him the ball.

Shaw v salah should be a slaughter Shaw will probably keep him quiet all game knowing our look.

We need go forward ball, not crabbing safe 5 yard passing. Thiago needs to be given the ball with then people actually offering themselves.

Imo mane and salah need to stay wide initially and offer out balls wide to the full backs and thiago and help us get up the park.

My predicted line up is.

Alisson
    Taa henderson fabinho robertson
    Jones Wijnaldum thiago
    Salah firmino mane​

Imo there is a strong argument to pull Jones out for shaqiri and go 4231. Klopp will play milner first though.

Like utd v city where utd were content for 0-0 i would love to get out of this one with a bore draw.

9. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

It won’t be 0-0. I have the feeling that our front three will click into gear for this one and find their usual form and get a couple of goals within 30 minutes. Then it will be a matter of resisting some pressure and hitting them on the break.

very good feeling for that one. We should win as in addition we will have a fully rested team. 3-1 with Mane and Salah scoring,

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

That's what I've predicted too except Thiago wil be in the middle with Wijnaldum left; leaves Trent a bit exposed though so wouldn't ve surprised to see Wijnaldum on the right side.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Thiago it's always just off the mark with his shooting but always close, certainly has goals in him if they can sort that.

12. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

what I like is that hes an option to shoot from outside the box. Problem with current midfield is they don’t really offer that. Bit like when we had cout, players had to close him to stop him shooting which then opens up space behind.

at the moment teams seem happy to let us have space to shoot knowing we won’t as Hendo Gini don’t really offer it. Jones maybe a bit more

Zanjinho and luvgonzo like this.
  13. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Thats the one thing thats disappointed me about Jones run in the fist team so far.
    He seems to be reluctant to shoot from distance, despite showing in the past he can.
    Don't know if thats because he's been told not too or because he's deffering to the more senior players in the team (trying to get it into Mane/Salah etc instead of having a go himself)

14. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

He’s a 19 year old so am hoping this will improve over the coming year or two. I have some frustration that he can get caught in possession or lose possession in dangerous places but the same applies. If he continues to improve for the next few years, he’ll be controlling games for us for a decade.

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

None of our players shoot from distance often, just the occasional pop. I think it's a tactic; retain possession and look to work a better opportunity.

saintKlopp likes this.
  16. Jimmy Squarefoot

But this is what annoys me because we’re so quick to waste possession with this stupid lofted crosses but we don’t want to shoot from distance.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

They could move about right enough. I actually think Jones plays better on the left side of midfield. Anytime he's over on the right I think he goes very quiet.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

You mean the henderson balloon over everyone's heads that usually at least clears the six yard area and someone's the entire penalty area.

I'd say he gets 1/50 where it needs to be.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

Ah sorry mate but what you ought to be worried about is their game v leeds.

Sadly our days of fast starts are a memory right now.

20. Jimmy Squarefoot

They are the most frustrating crosses ever! Hendo needs to keep his game simple, but unfortunately we don’t have that creative force in midfield and Trent is misfiring so he’s taken it upon himself to try.