1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Jan 8, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away loss

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Only one that plays well on the right is Hendo

2. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

Our game is as far away from Leeds as you can imagine. Yes we both play a high tempo game but our front lines are like chalk and cheese. While we have Salah Mane and Firmino they have Bamford and er...that’s it. Even our makeshift defence is more solid than theirs which conceded 6 and 5 goals against the likes of MU and Spurs.

Although we can struggle with poorer teams nowadays, we still retain the ability to rise to the occasion and beat the so called big clubs. Fingers crossed.

3. O'l Gravy Leg.

O'l Gravy Leg. Well-Known Member

We're too methodical and ponderous. We also need someone who can be a real handful for defenders when we play teams who sit back as this will be an increasing feature of this season by some teams.

Its too easy for 6+ footers to sit back and defend high balls into the box for Mane and Salah. If we had a big lump for when this happens it would be useful. We pick up far too few loose second balls.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Getting shaqiri and thaigo into the team of either stay fit of course imo is vital.

My view of the hnderson fabinho cb partnership last time is shaped by utter disappointment.

Phillips refusing to do anything bar roll it 5 yards and behind his target so nobody would ever intercept I can understand.

But to see henderson and fabinbo basically slowly walking it out or doing the same when they are midfielders who should pay it quick.

If I were klopp I would want 3 things.

1. Mane and salah to now run channels and offer the full backs an out ball. we need to advance the ball now and sticking infield while you watch the full backs pass it back to the cbs is pointless.

2. I want to see much quicker movement of the ball. If you are coming back from the left dont take 3 bloody passes min to get it across. Ping it over. I dont care if you lose it at this point but get it moving quickly.

3. I want to see players shouting at each other like they give a toss. I've seen none of that lately. Some right howlers that someone should get an ear full. Leaving aside stupid errors I would want to see people laying into people who put their passes behind the player. Robertson lives off ball put out in front of him. When is the last time you saw that really.?

Man utd will start quick. We need to stick in the game and this is at ANFIELD!!!! They should be the ones worried about us killing them.

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Someone like Carroll of Benteke?

6. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

tbf thought Carroll was pretty good yesterday against Arse, although he'd be better deployed as a CB.

He'd still be ****e as a striker.

7. Nikhil Joshi

Nikhil Joshi Member

fingers crossed indeed bro, although I would sincerely like us to return back to winning against bottom-half teams

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Is that you Sam?

9. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

The difference between last season and this is probably the starkest in that respect. Whereas we demolished lower half teams with certainty home and away last, we are tentative this and we seem to be scared of conceding especially away. The only silver lining is our home form where we remain invincible.

10. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

I am less worried about the big games nowadays. We will win it I am that confident. They raise their game when needed and this one will be no different.

I for one am happy that the boys have enough rest as we can work on Trent and Matip. Hendo should be told to just cover Trent and link play with Salah. Let the others create.

For those disappointed with Jones not shooting as much, it is deliberate. Liverpool do not attempt low risk chances too much but rather get the ball in the box where the probability of conversion is higher.

organic red likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Or we just haven't had on in this run of form yet?

we have 9 days (not 6) to work very hard on our game and have no excuses given we have a massive indoor pitch to work on our system of play and try and inject a little something.

matip is a big ask for this game but we have to wait and see.

I would in general agree that to have a chance we need to get matip in and henderson in the midfield alongside thiago and windy

12. Milnermino Lamborini

The only thing required is to score the first goal and force their tactics. I just hope it is not one of those days where Firmino decides to have those games where he cannot seem to trap the ball.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

I would'nt say its that easy.

a) we have to mark fernandes out of the game. nobody seems to do this, its not really an english tactic to man mark anyone.

b) we have to get martials head to drop.

c) we have to give thier midfield 2 problems to think baout defending rather than allowing them to bomb forward.

d) we have to press up and trying and force them into errors

the past few games have been dire, if we concede the first goal we have not looked like scoring enough to get back in it. If we do get the first goal we have not really looked like no conceding either.

For me the only way uot of this form is to work harder and than means doing the right things and hard work. We are expending a lot of energy making runs the back whoever are not capable to finding and we are watching the forwards move about for 20mins then stop as the ball is not coming and things then become forced long ball. I would much perfer they move wide and take the ball down the line than play in front of sides.

14. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

The scum struggled against Watford at the weekend. This is must win. I don't want those ****s ending our unbeaten home run. <grr>

15. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

then it’s actually a ‘must not lose’ <whistle>

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Pedantic ****hound <grr>

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  17. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, our midfield have never been creative. They didn't need to be because our build up play was through VVD pinging long balls, Robbo crossing, and Trent's amazing passing.

Getting 1 or 2 of Naby, Thiago and Shaq in midfield will be very important. We can no longer rely on our centre backs or even Trent to play a big part of our build up play because they're either injured or out or form. So now the onus is on the midfield to do it.

With that said, I'm still confident that we win.

18. Milnermino Lamborini

That is the brilliance of VVD. As an attacking weapon, he is lethal. I remember Arteta praising how his crossfield pass beats any press you put on Liverpool. He is really elite and he is the reason why most of these teams are even close to Liverpool at the moment. We have also lost his goals from set-pieces which have been key to our many weapons to unlock stubborn defenses.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Our form is down to work rate imo, we are not going at teams like we used to. Last season we hounded every team.

jaffaklopp likes this.
  20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The Fulham game first half was a great example, they wanted it more and worked harder than us, we didn't match their aggresion.