1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Newport - Carabao Cup

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by G4rdToonArmy, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

What baffles me is this, when we had Bentaleb he played in the middle and was supposed to be that calm fella who can pass it around, get us moving forward, pass balls through possibly contribute a goal... He obviously didn't live up to any expectations.

Now we've signed Hendrick, who is a very similar player and imo, better suited for the Premier League... yet we don't play him there... we play him on the right wing.

When he DOES play Bentalebs role you can see how calm he is on the ball, he doesn't lose it and he's relaxed. Comfortable. Yet, he's out of position on the right.. for no ****ing reason at all.

Against Burnley we NEED Almiron left and Fraser right with Hendrick CAM. it has to happen.

Judge Death and JakartaToon like this.
  2. Leo Billy

Leo Billy Well-Known Member

Actually reckon we’ll get knocked out tonight. They’ll think they can walk them after the 7-0 Morecambe result. 2-1 Newport.

3. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Pointless even bothering with this cup competition... After this round we're the worst club left in it... We'll have to beat at least 2 top 6 clubs back to back to win it.

Not happening

4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You post the same thing every year. We have a bigger squad now and plenty of players who need a chance to play. If you applied this argument to every sports competition then there is no point anybody/team ranked outside the top eight taking part.

I say give the squad players another chance to show what they can do. Reckon we will win this. A game against a top 6 side would then be an ideal opportunity for Bruce to try out some different, hopefully more expansive, game plans against the better sides so that we can apply them in future PL games.

5. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

We also won't win the Premier League or the FA Cup. We should just not bother playing another competitive game

Judge Death and JakartaToon like this.
  6. Rudekid

Yes I do and until proven wrong I will continue to do so

7. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

0v14.

Big Joe to get all 14. <cheers>

8. Rudekid

Ahh you see here's the thing.

Premier league safety is more important not just for the clubs long term survival, but also it keeps alive the potential of a takeover that might lead to being able to compete for cups

It's all about a long term vision and priorities rather than an embarrassing short term achievement now referred to as a #cuprun.... Pppfft remember that cup run in 2220 oh yeah if only we didn't get relegated and become the next Sunderland for something so desperate, short sighted and meaningless.

9. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

Have I missed summat?

10. Rudekid

You will if we get relegated

11. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I would argue that:
    1) there are more Newcastle fans who would rather the team play in the Cup Competitions
    2) there are more players who would appreciate the opportunity to play in them than not
    3) the fact that the club continues to enter year after year

Means that the majority of the stakeholders think there is a point to it regardless of whether we win it or not.

So in fact you are living up to your user name.

12. Welshie

I want us in it, people are talking more and more about this cup, we're getting far in it like we did with another competition last season.

It's my favourite thing about Bruce, he takes them serious.

Only a pessimistic worm would want us to fail around the place in the vain hope they can be proven right about a takeover they've staked their entire online reputation on.

JakartaToon likes this.
  13. Rudekid

Is there any relevant point in this to the one i made? This is a separate argument entirely.

Seeing as we're having it I'll argue against listening to the concerns of a majority that can't see passed the short term benefit of a cup run.

I'm the type of guy that sacarfices the short term for a long term gain, or risk of a long term disaster because of my short term thinking.

I hope that's all the information you need.

Ps I hope you didn't eat too much cake yesterday because its full of fat and you already skipped a PT session

14. Rudekid

This is the only point I agree with, but who have we beaten in these miraculous Cup runs?

15. Welshie

Morcambe, who I presume 2 years ago we would have played 7 at the back against and prayed for a draw.

And then upon being knocked out woulda blamed the board, sent the fans into a frenzy and demanded Mbappe to fill the gap.

but its bruce so he can go kill himself

16. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

I'll be at least 250yrs old by then - good to know my memory is still going to be ok ....

Munson. likes this.
  17. Rudekid

We've beaten nobody and as soon as we did we got thumped... Our league form dipped due to fixture congestion and injury.

Look its not rocket science I like the idea of winning cups, but I've concluded that's impossible and that I'd rather not risk injury, poor league form and potentially becoming the next Sunderland for a short term yay...

18. Rudekid

<laugh>

19. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I am sure a takeover will happen at some stage. They have happened at most clubs at some time and we have an owner who would prefer not to be involved. It definitely won't be the Saudis though - they thought they wanted a football club in their portfolio but they would be just as happy with a film studio or a social media site. Ultimate aim is to add to their pension fund and promote the country - their bid backfired on them badly and I would suspect they were happy to walk away at the end.

Don't know what Mike is playing at engaging lawyers to look at action against the Premier League - presumably this will be an action on behalf of MASH Holdings over their right to sell their shares in the club. Will mean that his employee Charnley, as our appointee on the PL Committee, will be on the other side of this action.

20. Welshie

No one's struggling to understand what you're saying

see, you never have quite figured this out despite your years on this board

we understand what you're saying, we hear you, you dont need to type it 20 times in 5 mins

we just dont care and think you should stfu

bro what more can I say

I want a cup run, **** your cold laboratory way of watching football

sos

(also i dont need a coffee, im just playing, relax)