1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Spurs (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Dec 13, 2020.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away loss

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

the thing is anyone watching the highlight of said game would see two hopeful hoofs, one flicked on twice leading to a run in behind and shot that didnt go in.

they would see one side sat 10men behind the ball for 80 of the 90mins or so trying to hoof it as an ex top forward who is now a glorified target man trying to flick it to a fast lad.

mourinho? Tony pulis wannabe.

2. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

Like one Tory newsletter article advised this week, their party should follow Trump’s tactics. It is better to say the wrong facts immediately (or what comes to mind) than to say the right facts at the wrong time. If you say the fake or wrong items immediately and repeatedly many people will believe you.

Mourinho has a clear strategy dealing with the press. He deflects from the weaknesses or failures of the team or players. He said he won the performance like Trump said he won the true election but Biden won a rigged one. That way Mourinho doesn’t have to praise Klopp or his players. And keeps his strategy of counterattacking football on track.

THE FOOL likes this.
  3. LuisDiazgamechanger

please log in to view this image

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I was amazed Man Utd went for him, never mind Spurs.

I understand where you're coming from btw, I just don't agree. He's chucked far too many players under the bus over the years (he even did it as a pundit whilst not at a club) to be only think of the club and team.

PS... you did say you'd be in the minority. You're not going to find many Liverpool fans that tolerate him.

5. saintKlopp

This is a different argument.
    I said he gets results and people will accept his personality for that reason (and presumably hope that just for once he won't end up rubbing up everyone the wrong way), but this in no way contradicts my argument that everything he does is about him and has nothing to do with deflecting criticism from his team.

6. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

The Tottenham Amazon documentary was interesting I thought. Daniel Levy said there are only 2 top managers in the world, one is at City and the other is available (Mourinho).

7. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

8. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I agree, and what a time to find his form.

9. johnsonsbaby

Klopp was kind in his interview, he left out the parking the bus phrase and turned it around and said they are the best counter attacking side atm.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

his comment about respect was cutting.

it sounded good though. I RESPECT his ability to be a complete cynical butcher who couldn't care less what he does to get a result.

it really is one of those interpret how you like statements.

johnsonsbaby likes this.

11. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Enjoy<laugh>

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

They can have them, I'm very happy with "the next best" in Klopp ;)

13. Sucky

I dont wanna get ahead of myself in regards to Jones but he's fitting into this side more and more as each game passes.

Ive said before what I really like about Jones is his work in the final 3rd and especially in and around the box, you can just tell by his body language when he gets the ball that his plan is to make something happen and the easy pass is always the last thing on his mind when around the opposition goal. He's not afraid to take responsibility and get a shot off, I love it.

I love his attitude and fearlessness, he's not looked fazed by anyone he's played against so far and it's easy to forget this kids just 19 years old.

Pleased for how it's going for him so far.

14. johnsonsbaby

I agree with all of this. He's one of those players that the ball loves. Like you I don't want to go overboard but the signs are looking good.

Sucky likes this.
  15. Sucky

I remeber stevie when he came through, he was a natural ball winner is what 1st stood out for me, loved a challenge.

It was only later in that he developed into a box to box and even one of the best AMs when playng behind nando for while.

Jones in contrast has the natural attacking ability already and just like stevie he's always wanting to do things that affect the game.

If he can develop into half the player stevie was ill be pleased. Its important to have locals in the side for me, they "get it" more than the foreign lads of course. Carra is a great example of a decent player who for me because he played for Liverpool gave him an edge that made him better than he actually was.

Kuyt was another, not the best but good enough, and never ever gave anything less than 100% for the club so we loved him.

We love robbo for that too, and cos he's the bollocks, and cos he ****cunted the best player in the world like he was a nobody for us <laugh>

johnsonsbaby and THE FOOL like this.
  16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

18. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

You really think people arnt aware of how he will be once he's employed?

At the end of the day his methods win trophies. Hes won them where ever he's gone. Again he spews his **** and people lap it up. Look at it this way, weve spoken more about mourinho then spurs on this thread, so what does that tell you?

19. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

He won the europa and got utd close, better than anyone else.

Spuds top of the table and actual being talked about as serious contenders, they also don't look spursy.

I expect thats why he's employed. Weve been lucky with klopp, weve won and been very entertained in the process. Some fans out there will happily sit through the drudge for the chance to celebrate come the end of the season.

I knew I'd be sat by myself on this one.

Zanjinho and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  20. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

not entirely as i perfectly understand why clubs employ him but would i want him managing us - no
    Mind you to add to discussion like Mourinho i'm amazed what Klopp gets away with on the touchline as personally i'd book him pretty much every time things aren't going our way due to his rants at the officials .

Zanjinho and THE FOOL like this.