1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wael's commitment

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Rumours and lies (regarding Wael's commitment to Rovers) on other forums over the last few months have been put to rest by Wael himself. He has just posted this on twitter.....

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I saw Wael up in Hospitality on Saturday, he seemed right up for it, this is good news indeed, I hope we really go for it next season, it will be tough with the sides coming in to the division but I am sure with the resources, experience and incredible support that we have a serious assault can be made on a top six finish.

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

A top 6 finish would be perfect timing. But I dont think we are ready for the championship. We need a stadium fit for it. A positive summer announcement regarding the stadium would be great and get it built for 2 years time so we got 2 seasons to get to the championship ready for the new stadium. But if we dont go up then we will be ready for the following year to bring an assault to league 1. I rather have another 2 to 3 years of having a lot of success in league 1 in and around the top 6 than go up too early to the championship and get spanked each week and lose to the red lot twice.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

That appears to lay to rest the rumours of his departure, hopefully we can bring in 3/4 players who will get us up into the top 6 and if we go up or whether we lose in the playoffs will encourage the board to further invest in the team while stadium / training facilities are progressing so maybe 2019/2020 season we can make a really concerted effort at getting promoted to the championship and joining the red half of the city there

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm surprised this isn't being discussed more on Gastwat:D

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Course it aint. Its shut up the moaners <ok>

GreatWesternGas and old timer like this.
  7. GGMI

GGMI Member

Boom