1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Waiting for the accounts

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YorkshireHoopster, Apr 17, 2016.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Just noticed on the Beeb Sport website that Burnley published theirs for the 2014/15 season - a whopping £30.1 million profit without even counting the money they got from selling Danny Ings. Even more interesting how they have invested that -they've paid off their external debts and invested in the club's future. And they will be going back up - make no mistake about that. But then they kept their squad and hired a manager to develop them as a long-term project. I suspect they'll make better fist of it next time but doubt whether they will be up **** creek and broke if they go down again

Hopefully Tone and his cronies have learned that lesson now and I hope the fan base has. After all that is the thing about projects -they are long term fixes which means no instant climaxes and we do not blow our money by trying to woo a bunch of old tarts whose only aim is to make as much money out of us as quickly as possible.

kiwiqpr, qprbeth, sb_73 and 2 others like this.
  2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

And the person who put this structure and plan in place ... Lee Hoos.

kiwiqpr, seagullhoop and qprbeth like this.
  3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am hoping Lee Hoos is the best signing we have ever made (I hope Villa do not seduce him away)

4. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Well said Yorkshire.

It looks like our CEO has learned his lesson in signing "name" players to massage his own ego and make himself and his airline look sexier. Hopefully he has learned that lesson. Burnley are a well run club and we were (hopefully past tense) the opposite. I wouldn't take it for granted that Burnley are definitely going straight back up. There is a 3 way fight for the 2 automatic places on offer. I am sure Mr. Barton might have plenty to say when comparing them to us.

5. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

They may not go up automatically but they must be the likeliest of the pack to win the Play Offs if they don't. My worry about Tone is that his failures have enabled the rest of the Board and SLF/Hoos to make progress. When we succeed in getting back up, I just hope that this dark episode in our history and the reasons for it. have not been forgotten.

finglasqpr likes this.
  6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

We could certainly do them a big favour by doing a number on Brighton Tues night.

finglasqpr likes this.