1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Walsall sign Mat Sadler

Discussion in 'Walsall' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Walsall have snapped up ex-Watford defender Mat Sadler.

The Saddlers moved for Sadler following his release by the Hornets at the end of last season.

The 26-year-old was a £750,000 purchase when he moved to Vicarage Road in January 2008. But he was out-of-favour and spent last season on loan at Shrewsbury, where he was an ever-present.

He has put pen-to-paper on a one-year contract at the Banks's Stadium.

Walsall manager Dean Smith said: "I want players here who have hunger. Mat certainly fits into that category."

Smith added: "He played in every minute of last season for Shrewsbury and comes here with plenty of higher-level experience and a quality left foot."

The former Birmingham defender came through the ranks at St Andrew's and made his full debut for Blues aged 19.

He played 61 times before his move to Watford. He helped the club to the Championship play-offs during his first season, but hadn't featured for the Hornets' first-team since Boxing Day 2008.

He said: "I am looking forward to working here. Dean Smith's enthusiasm and determination to do well was clear to see from the off and it fits in with my own hopes and ambitions."

2. Walsall Aces

Walsall Aces Member

Sadler is a saddler! Sadler is a saddler! Na na na na.

3. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

a bit slow on the news

4. Walsall Aces

Walsall Aces Member