1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WAR! What is it good for?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Treble, Feb 11, 2022.

1. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Go look up WWII and the Napoleonic wars. Heck go back to Caesar or Charlemagne if you like.

History has shown over and over again that people intent on empire building don't stop with one war and if you try to appease them and roll over you just make it harder for yourself in the long run.

Never more important than now with Russia having nuclear weapons. You don't want two nuclear powers to go all out war with each other, much safer fighting a proxy war.

2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

What the fk u on about dude this has no way been promoted by Russia as an empire move.

What a drama queen

3. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Lol... I forgot you don't follow the news just third rate comedians.

4. aberdude

Ahh it's in the news.......must be true then <laugh>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. aberdude

6. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

M!LK likes this.
  7. aberdude

Lol

8. Solid_Air 2

?

9. brb

brb CR250

No surprises really mate, I think we've all known for a long time, American and Europes involvement in this. I think I might have even said somewhere at the beginning of this thread, where Biden many years back, under one of the Presidents, money had exchanged hands to remove certain people from power.

I'd take some convincing myself that NATO's and EU's along with the UK intentions are entirely honourable, but Putin was a silly man, he made a massive mistake by invading which will cost Russia dear now, which is such a shame, because he may have had more people on his side than he probably realised if he hadn't of gone gung ho, to put it politely.

I suppose Putin might of thought, what's the point of talking hardly NATO or the EU would listen and I'd call him right, but it is what it is now, and he's pretty much fooked, unless he decides to go completely mental and press a button on one.

BobbyD and aberdude like this.
  10. aberdude

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am by no means an expert on the situation, but, do you really think Russia would be promoting it as an Empire move, even if it was?
    That would be kind of silly, especially when 90% of the western world is against them already.
    I mean, their excuse for going to war is thinner than an anorexic at a purge party, but they wouldnt just come out and say "Yeah, we want Ukraine....first of many....come nuke us USA!"

12. aberdude

He wouldn't push the button dude he's no crackpot

brb likes this.
  13. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Don’t think it’s in the interests of anyone if we admit we are fighting the war on whatever level

gotta be smart when possible

Keep Schtum

aberdude and brb like this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

I hope you are right mate, I'd like to think he wouldn't, he wouldn't have anything to gain from it in Russian interests, but I suppose the mind can do strange things to you when you get old, but that's why he has all his generals in place, to stop him overstepping the line, well I'd hope so anyway.

I think one side or the other is going to have to concede before winter, and I'd probably use whatever that river is as the border line. Maybe as added negotiations, no weapons from either power in the Ukraine. Putin will have to concede one side can join what it likes in given time.

15. aberdude

They are taking back regions that were formerly theirs why wouldn't they after Ukraine got hijacked by a yank takeover few years back.......so no biggy its a perfectly sensible approach by putin considering the West has surrounded them with nuclear war heads.

Ps I like the Russian people never done nowt 2 me and won the second world war for us....even though the yanks claim it was them lol

16. aberdude

fat twat Churchill wanted 2 anthrax Berlin but was told sit down you fking little Eton c7nt chemical weapons have been banned.

brb likes this.
  17. aberdude

He did get his way by bombing dresden with thousand pound bombs after the war had finished mind.......a British pow survivor wrote a book about the atrocities it caused against the civilian population.....fat fk no hero of mine

18. brb

brb CR250

Well we all know Boris' little game in all this, he loves acting the Churchill role and it deflects from domestic politics, that's what makes me sad about it, no politicians or world leaders will lose their lives in this war, it will just be all the foot soldiers who mean nothing to them. I don't remember seeing any sad faces in that G7 summit, some joke about Putin riding horseback, because it's not their lives at stake.

aberdude likes this.
  19. Solid_Air 2

20. aberdude

Totally agree with you dude.

brb likes this.