1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock is getting backed not sacked.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, Dec 22, 2011.

1. superHusky1

superHusky1 Active Member

Agree that we missed Ferdinand. Connolly's problem was not physical presence, but presence of mind: he was caught on his heels for the first and ball-watching on the second. The central defence lacks leadership - Young is excellent, but without a vocal organizing defender at the back we keep making elementary mistakes.

2. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

Sorry nuts etc but i have always felt we have in us as it stands at nearly half way as a gap of just 8 points and that will be the similar margin at the end of the season
    I was laughed at for suggesting that there are three leagues here and anyone below 7th can beat anyone so why not us? When we have played well and we have we are far better than most in this middle league I can't see as flirting with relegation until May we are effectively two games away from feeling great at 9th anyone including stoke could tumble at any moment ... I am not happy with 17th unless the other three teams are relegated by April

3. QPR12thman

QPR12thman Active Member

But do they really know what they have to do? Is NW the one with the final say on who to sign? I'm guessing so because the board have less of an idea on players. But judging by his decisions over the past few weeks, we could be signing a goalkeeper, right back and a target man. Sorry, just playing devils advocate.

4. superHusky1

What can be said in face of such wild optimism? Let's hope it pays off, because at the moment it feels like we're on the precipice: more than likely we'll lose at Arsenal (perhaps heavily) and Swansea look reasonably solid in defence; a point there would be a decent result. Our away wins so far this season have come against teams on a poor run of form, so difficult seeing how we'll gather points away from home at the moment: here's hoping though!!

5. superHusky1

What about "cracked"?

6. RuislipRanger

RuislipRanger Member

Love the sound of TF but beware. Anybody who has got where he is today from nothing is a hard nose SOB .Most owners speak with a fork tongue and I suspect TF is no different. So when push comes to shove NW beware.

7. South Harrow

South Harrow Member

Exactly my thoughts, Ruislip. TF is a ruthless businessman, owner of a low cost, no frills budget airline, who in his own words thinks he can make a profit at QPR. He cannot be relaxed paying big wages to under-performing players.

8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Yeah, that Branson bloke is a mean MF.

Joking aside, Tony Fernandes is more of your Branson type as opposed to the Trump, Sugar, Briatore sort of nutter.
    In the interviews i've heard with TF, he comes across as a good level headed communicator with no ego.
    He said he dosen't sack people, if there's a problem he tries to resolve it in an adult manner and gives evey person within his employee
    every chance to develop and improve.
    He dosen't do ultimatums or rants and raves, he always seeks to get the best out of people.
    We've got us a keeper.
    That's why i'm not jumping on the knee jerk hysteria that devolped on here for the last couple of weeks.

We're in great hands, were building, it takes time.
    Remember, we're really the equivalent of a 4 month old baby.
    We shall have our suceess, it will come in due course.
    Patience required.

9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Cheers Northolt, it takes a big man to admit that he was wrong. Believe me I genuinely hoped that you were right about SWP. Hopefully he will still prove me wrong.