1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by RuislipRanger, Dec 21, 2011.

1. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

I hear you Oslo but the defence are the same when we play 4-5-1???! We're shipping goals at an alarming rate.

Time for Perrone??

2. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

And now he's talking about beer today! ;)

3. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Off for Office xmas lunch now, plenty of turkey and few quality Belgian beers & hopefully a pinot noir

Merry Xmas

4. RuislipRanger

RuislipRanger Member

Just watched NW on bbc,says dont worry I.ll sort it out in January.Iknow what I need.Well if you dont sort it,bye bye.

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

There is no "free roving roll" in a 4-4-2.
    You could play Adel behind HH in a 4-4-1-1....but that's the same as 4-2-3-1 really.
    It's all numbers though and the bottom line is too many players are either not up to it or playing well below par.

6. superdoopahoopsa

The biggest problem is that very few of the players bought in, in the summer (pre TF included) have played consistently well or even looked like being prem quality. Descrbing Gabbidon as a solid defender is like turn of pace or aerial dominance to describe Fitz Hall. Barton has not played consistently and seems to be continually giving the ball away unneccesarily at the moment and I cannot for the life of me work out why he is taking set pieces. SWP is looking more and more like a Championship player by the week and it was of no surprise to me that once he was taken off at half time, our attack started to look more potent and scored 2 goals. Traore is good going forwards but a liability at the back and often gets wrongsided by wingers. Bothroyd, need I honestly say more. If we want to get back to winning ways, we have to drop some of these players in favour of last years team. Sure they might not have as much skill or pace as the new players, but they work better as a team, and we conceded less crap goals throughout the whole of last year then we have over the last 6 games.

7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

We mustn't lose sight of the fact that Barton and SWP were good early season, Newcastle, Wolves, Man City,. The talent's there, NW has to get it out of them. Gabbidon is gaffe prone, I've said it from the start. It was a panic buy. Bothroyd's pretty much a disappointment too, I agree. Fortunately Young and most of the time, Ferdinand, are excellent.

Two good CB's and another decent striker (alongside HH or DJ), and we'll win the Sunderland type matches. That's why I'm optimistic about the second half of the season if we can get the right people in.

8. Jalfrezi Rs

Jalfrezi Rs Member

Spot on Oslo ...........

9. RuislipRanger

RuislipRanger Member

Wonder if he buys anyone in jan wether they will get a game ?? or sit on the bench ??