1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Water on Mars

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, Jul 25, 2018.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I only like his 70's stuff.

2. Tdot

Tdot Well-Known Member

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You said that ‘for those who believe, no evidence is required’. That puts you in the realms of simply being gullible.

As for mainstream science, it’s an evolving discipline. It actively tries to disprove its own theories in order to test the validity of those theories. That’s what makes it a rigourous discipline as opposed to somebody who’s got a sensationalist YouTube channel.

But are you really trying to say that black holes, neutron stars, pulsars and gravitational waves are ‘unconfirmed myths’, whilst believing, without evidence (your own words) that ancient civilisations lived on Mars ?

As for me not being ‘able to accept the possibility’ again that’s not true. What I’ve asked you for is to point me to some of this ‘credible evidence’. I’m open to the idea if anybody has some <ok>

BobbyD and DerekTheMole like this.
  4. I’m a little concerned that some of you are not taking this seriously.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Okay thanks. I’ll check out this out later.

6. Tdot

Tdot Well-Known Member

Neither are the guys running the rovers

3FE50CCD-61A7-486C-8307-51F539306810.jpeg

Sweats, Burly Hurley and PINKIE like this.

7. You really are gullible if you believe that.

Do yourself, not me, a favour and get your hands on Eric Lerner’s book, read it, and then make up your own mind as to whether or not you believe mainstream astrophysics is proper science.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You think that science doesn’t try to test its own theories, but admit that you don’t need evidence to believe that aliens lived on mars, and you call me gullible <laugh>

I remember reading some of Eric Lerner’s stuff years ago, interesting ideas although I also remember reading some astrophysicists at UCLA who pulled his book ‘the Big Bang never happened’ apart as it was full of glaring errors.

I suppose your response to that would be, ‘yeah well they would say that, wouldn’t they’ what do astrophysicists know eh ?

BobbyD and DerekTheMole like this.
  9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Anyway, I’ll look forward to the ‘credible evidence’ for ancient civilisations on Mars from YouTube that you post later <ok>

10. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I'd venture to say there is no credible evidence for ancient civilizations on Mars except that which is based on speculation. As I alluded to earlier, there is no way to know because we've not been able to get close enough to Mars to do any proper exploration so anyone who claims otherwise is lying IMO.

BobbyD, DerekTheMole and PINKIE like this.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I agree, but HIAG reckons there’s ‘lots of credible evidence’ and he’s promised to post it up later.

Although he did also admit that he doesn’t need any evidence at all to believe this stuff.

12. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I have been interested in the whole warp drive theory. Did some reading on recently. It seems like it could be a possibility, but we don't really have the technology to make it a reality at present. What do you think of the whole Alcubierre theory? Seems to work in theory but hard to see how it would be realistically possible when applying it to a shuttle.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep it’s a really interesting theory and if the physics are correct then it could provide the means for us to travel through vast areas of space in relatively short times.

Even if the physicis are correct then you still have to go about building an ‘engine’ but in theory I suppose it could be done.

In some ways our current means of space travel is pretty archaic. It’s basically just a big firework with a pod for humans strapped to the top. Elon musk’s reusable rockets will bring the price of space travel down, but ultimately a base on the moon or Mars would provide the platform (not having to escape the earth’s atmosphere) for further exploration.

14. I never said any of that!

You’re not very good at debating, Pix.

Not all modern science is bad science. In fact, I lay that claim solely at the feet of astrophysics. Those who uphold the mainstream views are bad scientists. Computer modelling is not evidence, Pix. Neither is mathematics proof of anything.

The best science being conducted in this field is slowly being overtaken by plasma scientists and electrical engineers. Go and have a look at the work of Prof Don Scott and Wal Thornhill.

I don’t know anything about it being “taken apart,” and if you actually read the book you will understand why that would be rather difficult. Lerner refers to findings made by the astrophysicists themselves!

I am well aware that the mainstream detest his work, and the work of many others, because it is exposing them for the frauds that they truly are.

Lerner’s book is a really solid place to start, but I would expect you to go on and investigate further, since a lot more has been discovered to further undo the mainstream beliefs, since that book was written, in the early 90s.

Read it, and you will, like me, chuckle to yourself every time a NASA scientist discovers something “surprising” that doesn’t fit the “received” model.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You said I was gullible for saying that science tests its own theories to try and disprove them. And you also said that for those who believe that there were ancient civilisations on Mars ‘no evidence is required.’

You’ve already been quoted saying both of those things so stop pretending you didn’t.

As for the ‘frauds’ who exposed Lerner’s errors. They are astrophysicists who work for UCLA
    http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/lerner_errors.html#ALT

16. I never said any of that.

I maintain that you are gullible for believing that mainstream astrophysics is real science. It isn’t, Pix.

It is being exposed on an increasingly frequent basis.

As regards Mars, my point is simply that if you are of a mind to disbelieve that there were advanced civilisations in our Solar System before us, then nothing you will find on the subject is going to convince you otherwise.

As regards Lerner... well what a surprise that a mainstream fraudster is keen to debunk him and cling to the last shreds of credibility of the Standard model that he has invested his life’s work in defending! I’m shocked, Pix!

Read Lerner’s book, and make up your own mind.

Or keep your head buried in the sand and pretend you know everything.

It makes no difference to me.

17. Ultimate Warrior

please log in to view this image

PINKIE likes this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I have credible evidence that you did say ‘for those who believe, no evidence is required’ as you’ve been quoted several ****ing times saying it. <laugh>

And now all mainstream scientists and astrophysicists are ‘frauds’ and you’re calling me gullible and burying my head in the sand <rofl>

Once again, I’ve not said I rule any theory out as you want to claim, I’m simply asking you to provide the credible evidence of ancient civilisations living on Mars that you claim you have. <ok>

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

HIAG owned again :)

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  20. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Hoddle is a god and PINKIE like this.