1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford Short News Items

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Apr 30, 2011.

1. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Does he still shave his hands to appear semi humanoid

andytoprankin likes this.
  2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Alright Ben made an error but is this sort of article really needed from one of the Watford related journalist?

Just let the club investigate and they'll conclude what happened.

I cannot believe Foster would have literally given this bloke a ticket in the home end.

I suspect a 3rd party is involved somewhere - the tickets from players get collected by whoever is using them before games.

If I am wrong there fine and he would have been very silly knowing the rules set by the club regarding player tickets.

I think he has done well personally when played - made a number of key saves.

If he isn't as mobile or so good at kicking then it's probably because the bloke is 38.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    andytoprankin likes this.
  3. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Very strange indeed. We need to talk about Adam Leventhal.

4. Markthehorn

Seems he has been criticised by fans for being too positive about the club so probably decided to show he can be negative!

Also suspect it’s easier to be negative about a player who won’t be here for much longer.

Foster is the latest boo boy anyway - till Bachmann plays , makes one error and we lose then he will be .

And some fans need a reality check- we aren’t that good in reality for this level .

Poor defence , midfield isn’t great and we don’t know who to play whilst up front has potential but raw.

Even Sarr gets marked out of games by better defenders.

That Villa game really increased expectations I guess which haven’t been met since .

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Mexican Hornet and andytoprankin like this.
  5. Markthehorn

I don't remember all this fuss with comments like he must never play again or doesn't care about the club when Gray was caught breaking Government guidelines twice putting lives at risk whilst everyone else including other players I suspect were doing their best to keep safe and well.

As I say if tickets got in the wrong hands via Foster then that does need to be sorted out so it doesn't happen again but these would have been players tickets anyway rather than ones on general sale.

There were a number of Liverpool fans in the ground - maybe the people who gave them tickets need to be investigated too?

Because it will happen for all the other matches against big sides.

6. F1Hornet

F1Hornet Well-Known Member

I'm sure players and other staff who have comp tickets give them out ALL the time to people who aren't Watford fans. The only difference is this time the guy was too stupid not to sit on his hands and just watch the match. I for one enjoy Foster's YouTube channel, and I don't think its a distraction for him at all in terms of his performance.

That said, as a more general point, I do think pro footballers shouldn't be playing fantasy premier league. I know there's not money in it unlike directly betting on football matches, but it gives things away if you dump players you have inside knowledge are injured or aren't going to be selected, and picking players playing against you has some bad optics. In any case, having Salah in your fantasy team isn't enough incentive as a pro goalkeeper to concede a goal!!!

7. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Article on Ben from DT, seemingly not wanting to retire just yet.

Attached Files:

8. Markthehorn

Probably doesn’t help that he isn’t allowed to film any action so the main purpose of the blog has gone meaning Ben has to fill it up with other stuff.

No Will Hughes either to mess around with.

As I say if he didn’t care about football at 38 he wouldn’t be playing and I certainly agree he hasn’t been bad at all.

But then nor was Bachmann really in my view .

Just we have a group of fans who cannot handle the fact our players won’t be perfect …particularly in the Premier league .

Sure probably needs to look like he more focused in case we lose and smiling after a 5-0 defeat doesn’t look good I guess

I bet they all had Mo Salah in their teams - just it wasn’t made public (not like Ben himself promoted that fact himself).

Bet the other players are delighted !

He will be taking all the flack for them when they ought to be taking the blame equally .

Maybe Foster should go around with his camera asking them why we didn’t even seem to be trying to stop Liverpool?

Now that could be interesting..

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Young Man. :emoticon-0166-cake:

please log in to view this image

10. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I think a whole group of fans EXPECT nothing less than WIN WIN WIN in this league.... and it is not going to happen. I think it is fueled indirectly by the Pozzo philosophy of if they dont do well enough fire them and replace them.
    ...and social media tends to highlight the extreme views too

Markthehorn likes this.

11. Markthehorn

Yes - the Villa game was almost the worse thing to happen!

Although that now seems to be put down to luck as Villa weren't ready/had injuries.

Increased the hype and expectations which I guess haven't been met and certainly we have not played well in recent games so constructive criticism is just and fair with the manner of the Liverpool game being very disappointing.

But I cannot take things like "not bothering to go anymore as it's not very good/we aren't winning" - happy to go when its good then but not when we aren't so great.

I bet there are thousands of fans who saw us in Division 4 or struggling in the 90s and under Lewington (although actually he did a good job I thought) with no money and a patched up side who have seen worse long term!

Suppose it doesn't help there is less connection with the team (although when one does try to he gets criticised for it!) and of course everything in football is geared towards money and not the loyal fans.

I would say the club or Foster do need to come out and saying something as this is the sort of thing that will spill over into match days.

Next thing he'll be booed at games - it's quite interesting actually because you don't get this outrage at matches.

If anything on Saturday there was more clapping for Liverpool than any discontent in the stands for our players.

Bolton's Boots likes this.
  12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Everyone at Watford FC is saddened to hear of the passing of former player Andy Porter, aged 84.
    Porter played for Watford for four seasons between 1960 and 1963 after impressing on a trial period a year prior.
    He was part of the club’s promotion campaign of 1959/60, making his debut in January 1960 against Oldham. He made 10 appearances that season, helping the Hornets to fourth and earning promotion to Division Three.

13. Markthehorn

Guess it’s only natural but Bachmann isn’t happy not playing.

I remember he had this sort of “think I am the best “ tone when out on loan and we had Gomes and a good Foster so obviously a confident guy.

Maybe he was the in house source who said Foster’s vblogs were a distraction etc ?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  14. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

How the mighty have fallen...

Screenshot_20211022-215823~2.png

15. Bolton's Boots

Trailing 2-0 at Half Time...

upload_2021-10-25_15-11-35.jpeg

16. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

17. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

But he missed out Pedro, Dennis, Hernandez Cuca and Sissoko

18. Bolton's Boots

Full Time score 2-0 as well...

19. Markthehorn

Don't seem to be doing that well unfortunately.

20. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Emmanuel Dennis has become the first premier league player this season to receive a 1 game suspension for picking up 5 yellow cards.
    Jose Holebas, he’s coming for your record.