1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Nov 3, 2019.

1. The Ginger Marks

Great play from the lads a should have ran out clear winners 4-0 or more. VAR did it's level best to **** it up but we held on manfully. Again great play from all especially Willian and Jorginho.

2. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

another good away win,happy days.

The Ginger Marks and Blueman like this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Definitely a great win, but can't agree about Willian, thought he was poor and gave the ball away all game. Kovacic was head and shoulders my best, Jorghino and Zouma close behind. VAR was seriously ridiculous. Was a great supporter of VAR, but it is only as good as the clowns who are watching it, and boy there are plenty of VAR Bozos. Nevertheless, another win , dominated play, should have scored 4, but came up against a fantastic goalkeeper.
    Here's my scorecard, interested to see others.
    Kepa, 5 Mostly because he had so little to do. Was going to give a 4 until his match saver. Could have had 10 as he did nothing wrong because he had nothing to do.
    Dave 6. Pretty good in open play but poor crosses and also gave ball away.
    Zouma 7 Didn't put a toe wrong and made one goal saver. Now very very reliable. Will be a travesty if he's dropped for Rudi when Tomari is the one making small mistakes.
    Tomori 6.5 Ditto Zouma but a couple of naive passes that caused problems.
    Emerson 5. Did little wrong, but after a long time out, not at his best. Obviously needs more game time.
    Kovacic 8.5 Immense. Good enough to keep Kante on the bench. So far the find of the season.
    Jorghino 7.5 another top game, wish he'd let fly at goal a bit more. Best assist of the season.
    Mount 6.5 Much better when pushed forward a la 2nd half. Love his instinctive whacks at goal and unlucky not to score a stonker.
    Willian 6 Loads of effort as always, but lost the ball all game and was only on the periphery. He has forgotten how to shoot on sight as well.
    Pulisic 7 Lively, adventurous, eye for attack. Needs more time with Emerson, little cohesion between them as you'd expect
    Abraham. 7 Brilliant goal from brilliant Jorghino pass. From then on made little impact despite plenty of effort. I think he's too slow reacting to the midfield. A couple of times, passes were made that he didn't anticipate, and should have. Starting to think Michy is a better prospect and will be surprised if Frank doesn't swap their places before too long. So far, Tammy has had all the support, all the game time with the Team performing well behind him, and he's done very well. From where I sit, Tammy is not yet there at this level, and despite his excellent progress so far, he is not tough enough, nor focused enough yet and goes missing in the grinding games. Michy looks to me more likely, more predatory, more able to cause problems. He needs more game time with the top team, not just snatches as a sub, before we can judge. His strike rate is excellent despite little game time. Like to see the two of them in a 4-4-2. Not criticising Frank nor Tammy, just stating an opinion.

CHO 3 Again looked reluctant to run or get involved, despite his ability to run and dribble past defenders. Not much time to get into game, but looks to me to have lost his confidence.
    James Ditto No time .

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Another fantastic win. Controlled the game well bar when it got a bit nervy when we conceded the pen. I have to be really critical because they were just so conplacent and pissing around in a dangerous area. Im all for playing out but we must have made about 10 passes in that corner trying to be clever which caused us to lose possession when we were so dominant and controlling.

Thankfully we still won and its been great watching us play so far

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

VAR is an absolute shambles at the moment and we seem to be doing quite badly out of it as well.

Its meant to only reverse clear and obvious errors yet they took about 2 minutes to go against the ref and award a very soft pen. Why take 2 mins if its a clear and obvious error?!?!

CHO got booked last week for being pushed yet the Watford player (and Son in the Spurs game) both got away with swan dives.

I know it is new, but VAR is getting more coverage then anything else at the moment, which can't be right.

6. The Ginger Marks

Seems its more of a shambles in Oz mate. Chill with the self negative stuff yeah? I appreciate you're a Chelsea manic but please don't be the next Stan. II appreciate your posts mate but in the grand scheme of things you cannot expect the rotation you desire. This league is like not like another bruv. Just be thankful for what Frank has delivered so far. When the times right h4 2ill produce more...Chill.

Blueman likes this.
  7. The Ginger Marks

**** im pissed lol

Naas Blue likes this.
  8. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

<laugh><cheers>:emoticon-0167-beer:

9. The Ginger Marks

Apologies, not seeing straight. <laugh>

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Naas Blue likes this.
  10. Chelsea Pensioner

Can't see what you find negative in this post ? Even made the point I was not criticising the work or form of Tammy or Frank ! What implied criticism there was was only about how players were playing in that game. I'm not looking for rotation either, even said Rudi will not be a shoe in when he's recovered ,the two in there are going great guns. Just my thoughts ,but to me CHO does look tentative and Pulisic does look to be playing the better of the 2. Willian was great recently, but I thought not so great at Watford Anyway, not looking to be Stan, though I miss his to the point comments !! Var is a shambles because the people running it are not using it the way it's supposed to be used. Tough couple of weeks ahead starting with Ajax.

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

CP got it right Willian was very wasteful and has been for a while, and only has positive contributions every now and then. We have seemed to revert to the sideways/backwards passing that has plagued us for a few seasons now, although possession football may win you matches without a solid defence cannot be relied on. On that note solid defences, yes we seem to have found a near perfect combination in Z man and Tomoroi if we can play Ruudi Z man and Tomoroi in a three, bring in James and Emerson (sorry Dave but you aint cutting it on the attacking side) as wing backs then rotate the rest around that formation I would like to see how that would work. No criticism here just loving this season with the young un's in. Ginge hope the hangover wasn't too bad for ya!<laugh>

12. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

13. Chelsea Pensioner

I get Ginge not wanting the team criticised because they are all going miles better than could be hoped.What is so pleasing is we now have Rudi, Zouma, Tomari, young Guehy, Christensen when he's back, Alonso back in form and Emerson who only needs match fitness. Add Dave and Reece Jones and our defence is immense now and for the future. Similar in midfield with Jorghino, the"new" Kovacic, Kante ,Mount, Gilmour and RLC plus Barkley ( and Ampadu) we have flexibility and quality to burn. Up front we have CHO, Pulisic, Willian and Pedro, Tammy Michy and Giroud, (who looks likely to bail out in January). Frank has the Managers' dream squad, 2 players for every position with bugger all drop in quality no matter who plays. He deserves it and has created it with his use of youngsters and ability to fire up and improve the experienced ones.
    By the way, just read it was that hopeless egomaniac Mike Dean who was in control of VAR v Watford. No wonder it was a major **** up !!!!!

14. Mr Wendal

Mr Wendal Member

Frank Lampposts is nice and not racist, Chelsea are now inclusive, I like this.

15. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Active Member

VAR needs burning in the depths of hell's fiery pit

16. The Ginger Marks

Welcome socks, one and all. :)