1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wayne Rooney POTY

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by yarco canary, Jan 5, 2016.

1. yarco canary

yarco canary Well-Known Member

2. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

I guess he has won this due to his scoring record for England and becoming the all time scorer - fair enough I guess.

In my opinion the fact most of his goals come in weak qualification groups takes away from the achievement but i know others will disagree.

I also notice his club form has been nothing but average this season........ just in time for another disappointing tournament from him at the Euros. I'd rather give Kane and Vardy a run out, Rooney has disapointed at one too many tournaments for my liking.

JM Fan likes this.
  3. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was surprised when I saw it, but equally couldn't name anybody else who really stood head and shoulders above the rest.

It's a shame he's captain really, because he'll no doubt start in the euros when we've better options available. As strikers Kane and Vardy are in better form, and as attacking midfielders Barkley and Alli deserve a chance.

What with Rooney being ten years older than most of those players, it seems a shame to shoehorn him in and break up what could be the start of a strong, young group who could progress together. You could make a case for a midfielder and forward line of:

Dier, Henderson
    Walcott Barkley Sterling
    Kane

4. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

What about Dele Alli?

5. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I mentioned him! I guess it depends how England want to play, but I think him and Barkley are perhaps playing in too similar roles to both be included. On form I thought Barkley deserved the spot in my half-arsed side.

6. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Whoops. So you did.

7. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I don't know is it we always thought Rooney would be something like the Next Liniker/Shearer, he hasn't done anything in major tournaments. He just looks old, lot of mileage on the clock, never been too impressed, though does help us qualify so not all that bad