1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread WBA v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

With 8 of the current bottom 10 losing it's pretty much as you were.

All in all, not a bad round of games for us.

2. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Yup.

It’s still in our own hands.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.

Didn't watch the game but apparently you gave it a right good go and that has to be encouraging as I didn't think you were great against Boro.

It's absolutely imperative though that you don't go down. League1 is going to be in complete turmoil next season with so much uncertainty about when it will start and god knows who will be around to finish it.

Looking at the table you should be fine once Wigan have their points deduction applied, it should be them, plus Luton & Barnsley for the drop. Honestly don't understand some of the rubbish being said about Wigan shouldn't receive the minus 12. They are in administration, the EFL has ruled that they will incurr the points penalty and how/when it will be applied, that should be the end of the matter. Of course it's bitterly disappointing for Wigan and their fans but those are the rules.

Good luck anyway (Leeds fan).

4. Quill

Quill Bastard

Some nonce on RH "those who claim they refuse to come to City until the owners leave aren't real fans"

These ****ers still exist in the open. How depressing.

Edelman likes this.
  5. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

Best performance since the restart - Toral makes a real difference but our lack of fullbacks (do teams still have fullbacks?) is a huge handicap. Any team with at least one half decent player out wide can rip us apart. I feel sorry for Pennington as he's a decent central defender but just can't cope when out wide - reminds me of Damien Delaney.

GLP and johnbo like this.
  6. Quill

Quill Bastard

If our defence wasn't so hilariously **** we'd be safe. On another day we would've got something from West Brom. If our attacking play stays like that for the remainder of the season, we might be okay.

Agreed on Wigan. What has happened to them is unbelievably dodgy as ****, but the rules are the rules, and the EFL should be enforcing them. The problem is that the EFL should've never allowed such a situation to happen in the first place, but that's a different conversation.

If we go down and a points deduction for Wigan would've kept us up, most will suddenly be asking for the deduction to happen.

Kempton and Jammy 07 like this.
  7. Jammy 07

The EFL are enforcing them.

The points deduction will be applied after the last game of the season has been played, before the table is finalised. It's just their way of ensuring the points deducton is applied correctly as a punishment in case a club would have been relegated anyway.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He went out on a half season loan to Bolton, so Isn’t eligible to play for us again this season.

9. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

IF we go down after playing 46 games it’s gonna be hard to argue about..

As to WHY it might happen...now that really would be a different conversation.

10. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Jammy you sound really intelligent until you spoilt it by putting Leeds fan.

11. Jammy 07

As I guess you know...the club/city chooses you not the other way around.

Does make me laugh/cringe though when I read on our board how some have to go shopping on match day as they can't stand the tension. Guess that's forums for you though, full of fans with big opinions who support the team from Sainsburys.

12. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Keep up. All the best run clubs do without full backs.

13. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

OK, in their eyes I'm not a real fan
    so what

14. Jammy 07

I'm presuming you're staying away because of the Allams ?

It's a difficult one as I'd been going to Elland Road since I was a boy but when Ken Bates put us into administration and shafted all the local businesses, St John's Ambulance etc etc, enough was enough. I'd put up wiith him selling every decent player we had and never re-investing in the side, borrowing against future season ticket sales to fund stadium improvements, even bringing in Chelsea scumbags to manage us but there comes a point when you just can't justify continuing to support the regime. It meant missing out on our L1 promotion campaign, which to some fans was one of the best seasons ever but I had to stick to my beliefs despite living only 10 minutes from the stadium.

Pretty sure my staying away had zero effect...but it made me feel better and I'm glad I stuck to it.

As soon as Bates left I got my ST back but we then had another disastrous period of ownership under GFH from Bahrain and it turned the f**ker had shafted us again. They are still kicking about in the background with a debenture against the club and will most likely get another big pay day at some point.

Sorry for rambling on but you're maybe more of a fan for staying away and it's ridiculous that others doubt your commitment to the club when doing so.

Hope it all works out sooner, rather than later <ok>

15. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

Your right, can't stand them. I appreciate it is probably not going to make much difference to them, but at least they haven't got any more of my cash. Hope we all have better times ahead!

dennisboothstash and Jammy 07 like this.
  16. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Spot on, Jammy <ok>

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

You'd fit in well here Jammy, we are well informed, highly educated, free thinkers...

Jammy 07 likes this.
  18. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

19. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Are you not using the app that I told you about?

20. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I am, just couldn't find that particular match, looking in the wrong place. Found today's though but it was stalling a bit so I went down the £10 route...
    Works brilliantly for Sky and BT though.

look_back_in_amber likes this.