1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"We all need to stand up and get behind the team again"

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Oregon Tiger, Mar 17, 2011.

1. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

does anyone know why stewards were trying to block the exit in the corner east south stand??

2. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

nah chillo just respect that they paid alot of money to watch city all season and shouldn't be told to piss off cause they aint singing.
    im guessing if the stadium becomes quiet youll be the guy stood up singing ??

3. HC

HC Active Member

I assume everyone realises that AP wasn't telling people to actually stand-up at the KC and it was just a figure of speech. There is also no mention of standing up on the OWS. I hope we don't see thread after thread on here on Sunday about people getting thrown out for persistent standing!

I sit near someone who can only stand for very short periods of time. What is he supposed to do if everyone stands up in front of him?

4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Stay on the bench with the other Ipswich subs?

5. Clapham Tiger

Clapham Tiger Member

We paid for your hats....we paid for yoooour haaaaaaaaaaats....what a big waste of, our council tax....

6. amberosia

amberosia Member

I can't stand for long periods. But I go in West Upper so as not to have to miss anything if others are stood up. I'd love to be stood up singing but just because I can't doesn't mean I think others shouldn't. The trouble is in the area where the singers want, down the side like at BP, t be we have a lot of people who wouldn't have gone in the Kempton but want to be down the side at the KC and think everyone should conform to their standards. And their way of supporting unfortunately doesn't help the team at all.
    Most grounds have the people wanting to sing behind the goals with the ones down the side seated. It would be far better if we had both goal ends full of people wanting to stand and sing and leave the East Stand to those who like to sit with their thermos flasks and rugs. Of course a lot of them don't mind people standing up to allow them to leave 10 minutes early as they have a long journey of 2 or 3 miles back home.

Unfortunately if AP did organise it so the North Stand was a singing area some pompous prat would move there and then insist on their right to remain seated and make a fuss to the stewards and probably get the police involved. We seem blessed with more than our fair share of people who have no idea about what a football ground atmosphere should be like compared to other clubs.

7. amberosia

amberosia Member

Do what I do and go in an area where people don't stand up?

8. jimbo093

jimbo093 Member

I sit (stand) in E1 and i always notice some bloke sat in E5/6 stood up by his self singing his heart out. He is clearly trying to get everyone going but it just doesnt happen.

9. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

Do we know what the surprise is thats metioned on the OWS?

10. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Do you know its miserable old gits like yourself that make the KC the morgue it is today. And as for your "go to a rock concert comment, why dont YOU go to a library or a monastry. I honestly thought you were winding me up at first.
    It does have to be loud. It can be like an extra man. You really need to get that thinking out of your head. You dont even have to stand up, just make a noise. I am so fed up of miserable gits asking me to sit down. Hopefully more like minded people like me stood up, will deter sad gits like yourself from attending or at least sitting in the west stand. No offence but you're type arent wanted. The team needs support whether its winning or losing.
    You only sing when you're winning.

11. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Bollox to em. Its their fault if they have paid a lot of money expecting a library and some passionate unruly proper fan who is backing his team is stood up in front of them blocking their view. Just like at BP there was a place for sad gits lie that - the west stand and they should go in there now instead of ruining it for those in the east stand who want to get behind their team and help them.
    Vocal support works.
    Respect em? Tell em to get behind their team or fook off I say.
    withershullcity did you go to Burnley away this season? One of the best singsongs that night especially when we were losing 3-0. At first there were just a few of us who kept on supporting our team. But eventually the penny dropped and loads joined in. If nothing else it helped transform the evening from a depressing witnessing of a hammering into a witty piss take and a right good laugh.

12. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Honestly chillo, you make this sound far more important than it is. Football's entertainment, that's why people go, the crowd responds to what's happening, it's no coincidence that the atmosphere has declined considerably since NP arrived because his style of football is hideously boring. If the football was better and we actually looked capable of winning at home the atmosphere would pick up.

13. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

ambrosia how refreshing to hear your attitude. Sorry to hear you cant stand up for long but you are spot on. Full respect.

14. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Should be the other way round ie the team responds to our support. I used to start the singing as a young lad in kempton and before that south stand and almost every away game. Do you go to many aways? Havent you got a load of mates who you have a good crack with singing silly songs on the coach at someone elses expense? Piss takes and camerarderie? You wanna try it. It does enhance the matchday experience.
    After witnessing Browns superb tactic of hoofing the ball up to the big lone man up front .....Fagan.... for almost a year it is so refreshing to see quality football played by players who are comfortable on the ball and can pass. Even early season when we couldnt score we were passing the ball far better than at any time in the premiership.
    If last 2 home games haven t had enough attacking for you then i suggest you go and support someone else. Its clear you dont like the manager, the chairman or the players. Why do you bother? No wonder tyou dont want to get behind the club.
    You dont like them.

15. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Thats Taffy.
    I'm suprised anyone who has been going for more than a couple of seasons doesnt know of him. I sit within earshot of him and join in every single attempt to get a song going.

16. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

They do, all E3 stands allway through a match and has done all season...:emoticon-0105-wink:

17. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

The main thing that's boring is your f*****g moaning, your negative criticism, mate.

TWF is very close to TWS, so why don't you feck off to their board. Sure - you've got a right to an opinion, but it seems to me that, in the absence of NP ('cos you can't stand him or his management), you'd rather have Phil Brown or Ian Dowie guiding us down through League One (heading for League Two?).

What the hell is wrong with you?

18. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Exactly, E1, E2 and E3 stand all game, so if people want to stand they can move there. It's not difficult to accomodate all types of supporters.

19. amberosia

amberosia Member

By the same token if people want to sit they could move to the West Stand instead of sitting in the East Stand. And how do you move to an area where nearly every seat is taken by a season ticket-holder? The only way is to bring in unreserved seating but then capacity would be cut.

20. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Wonder how everyone will be moved to the North Stand if Pearson gets his way. Must be an incentive- cheeper seats, you will have no hassle and can stand up?