1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 17th. April 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Apr 16, 2019.

1. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

I’m of the same mind, I’d rather lose a tenner on a 14/1 shot than forty on a 6/4. That’s why I like these meetings. If wattan wins that’s the value gone for the rest of the season.

2. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Missing Cheltenham today as have to attend a sodding wedding. Why would you get married on a Cheltenham day?

I can’t wait to put the 2.05 on whilst they are saying their vows. That’s the Cotswold Way of the ruining a wedding!!

Saf, Chaninbar, karlos5001 and 3 others like this.
  3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Off to Newmarket in a few hours. Nothing I really want to back though, this has never been a betting meeting; it’s about anticipating the season, and seeing good horses before they’ve really showed their hands.

Saw Raven’s Pass at this meeting, when he was all the rage; got beat by a Cecil horse (Twice Over) who didn’t really come good until a 4yold

Saf likes this.
  4. floridaspearl

Have a great day and enjoy that Newmarket sky.

Archers Road likes this.
  5. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Lol...although getting married mid week is a bit weird..people have to take time off work..totally agree though inconsiderate!

karlos5001 likes this.
  6. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Is there a good day for a wedding?

karlos5001 and attivo like this.
  7. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Nothing for me toay. Too many ‘what’, ‘if’s’ and ‘maybe’s’ about many of the contenders in my opinion. But I tell you what, team, have a looksee at this one – Found’s full brother entered in a novice chase at God’s own racecourse, Newton Abbot, on Saturday (4.25).

Iniesta has never gone over the big ‘uns before but could make his bow over fences in a few, I say few, days time. Not sure what will happen but it’s certainly one of the most eyecatching entries of the weekend. Plus, this 3 time winner will go off just 98. Iniesta has respectable course form, as well, this term -23.

To counterbalance these positives it must be remembered that the barn aren’t exactly firing at the min and there has to be the fear that he’s already gone, for want of a better expression, ‘over the top’ for the term.

Interesting with a capital ‘I’ though, I think.

Finally, whilst on the Blake barn, Two Sams has gone down another 5 lbs and is now rated just 77 over both hurdles and fences!

Good luck, crew.

8. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

The last wedding I gave my excuses for was a midweeker. They'd did it to keep the costs down - to a trifling £12k! My idiot mate had already tried and failed at the game twice before the second of which cost him a fortune. They say gambling is a mugs game but getting married more than once has to be way past gambling on the mugometer. Anyway a few fancies at Cheltenham - Renes Girl, Lugarno Palace, Tick Tock Boom, Perfect Candidate and Turning Gold. Lucky 31. Good luck all.

redcgull and CaptainPops like this.
  9. Sir Barney Chuckles

The lad rides for the Lieutenant in the 'lucky last'. Undoubtedly must be the highlight of his career thus far (the lads that is not The Lieutenant's).

10. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I had Barca -1 and Ajax double last night so I've got a few pennies to play with.

Oberyn Martell and Highway One O One. EW Double

Zakouski and UAE Jewel. Win Double.

Liverpool and City/Spurs Draw. Double.

karlos5001 likes this.

11. SimonJ

SimonJ Well-Known Member

Heart, not head.
    Beverley
    2.15 Birkenhead

SwanHills and karlos5001 like this.
  12. stick

stick Bumper King

A dream for both of them given the Lieutenants penchant for young boys <laugh>

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    redcgull and Ste D like this.
  13. Sir Barney Chuckles

Anyone note that the owner of Thomas Campbell had a 2YO debutant yesterday, at HQ, that he paid €100,000 for. Bit of a change of direction that for him and you wonder if he could be set for a switch to the level. Still maybe owning the 2020 CGC winner will reaffirm his affection for the NH game. What, what?!?

14. Sir Barney Chuckles

Who’s the Lieutentenant???? Is it a top-secret advanced military rank????

15. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Studying late last evening I picked out Clerisy as one to oppose at 9/4 in the 4.10 maiden. She was 9/4 after a third last time but the form of that race is shockingly bad since and her RPR is only 65. This looks much tougher with well bred entries from good stables.

I decided to oppose UAE Prince as well, despite the reports that he's really good. The odds were just too short in a Wood Ditton packed with potential.

I decided to have small stakes on two Simon Crisford runners. The stable have yet to start but in the Wood Ditton Kung Fu is a son of Kingman out of good mare Cubanita, who was a good sort in her day. De Sousa rides and he was 10/1 last evening. In the fillies race I thought Aristocratic Lady looked a likely sort by Invincible Spirit out of Dubai Queen and Atzeni takes the ride there. She was 8/1 last evening.

This morning Aristocratic Lady is in to 5/1 while Kung Fu is out to 12/1, so mixed fortunes there.

The biggest thing to note is the drift in Clerisy, from 9/4 out to 4/1 but with form figures of 18 starts 3 places and 15 unplaced from what looked a modest race she contested, it's hardly surprising that layers have had to shove her out to try to attract money.

16. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Any weekend when there is mediocre flat racing on? Probably means a fair few weekends to choose from...:emoticon-0100-smile

Chaninbar likes this.
  17. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Good Friday used to be clear of racing and also just before Xmas, as some have said , you should only do it once !

CaptainPops and Chaninbar like this.
  18. floridaspearl

Boooom!!!

19. stick

stick Bumper King

Shout mate.
    Jolly was very easy to back before the off and was hemmed in with nowhere to go for most of the trip.

20. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

afternoon,fellas! some high-class racing on today,under both codes.

cheltenham,2 40:

RENES GIRL is a mare,i like a lot,and she has enough decent form in the book,to be taken very seriously here.especially her second to lady buttons last time out was probably a career best run,so deffo shout today..