1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 30th. November 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Nov 29, 2022.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Meetings

Lingfield
    A/W 9 Races 11:25-3:25p.m.
    Ludlow
    N/H 7 Races 12:45-3:45p.m.
    Haydock
    N/H 7 Races 1:05-3:37p.m.
    Dundalk
    A/W 8 Races 2:00-5:30p.m.
    Kempton(E)
    A/W 9 Races 4:15-8:20p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

2. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

6.50 Kempton-Florida

Each Way @ 7-1 [Bet 365]

This race is easier than debut

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Ludlow
    14.45 Grizzly James 10/3 Lads, PP and betfair.

GOLDBONES and SwanHills like this.
  4. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Morning, team. Hope everyone well.

Anyone see some of the prices paid re the Fillies / Mares sale at Tatts yesterday?!? Cor blimey. I noted Saffron Beach (3.6 million gns), Desert Berry (1.9 million gns), Alcohol Free (5.4 million gns), Jumbly (1.25 million gns) and The Platinum Queen (1.2 million gns).

Most interesting for me has to be Jumbly who has now left Beckhampton. Young Joseph was the co-purchaser so one wonders if she will now go into training with him rather than being slapped on the rump and dispatched to the old breeding shed. If Jumbly does remain in training, people, you would have to expect she will be Group 1 bound next term.

GOLDBONES and Pilgrim like this.
  5. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

6. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Just for interest, a couple of forecasts today:

15:15 Ludlow
    Rev. Forecast: Loup De Maulde/Lily Glitters

13:05 Haydock
    Rev. Forecast: Post Chaise/Sam's The Man

GOLDBONES and Pilgrim like this.
  7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Do not shoot the messenger time again... I got this from a mate who in turn got it from a friend of his who knows one of the owning syndicate, so this is third hand.

Kempton 8:20 – SHADOWFAX; three year old maiden, first time in a handicap.

I looked at this one and it might well be a bit of a fiddle. It was originally stabled in the Gosden barn and made its debut in quite a hot maiden race at Newbury, showing little. It was then sold and is now with Appleby, for whom it has run in a couple of maidens on the kitty litter. Now it gets into today’s race on a handicap mark of 70 (I bet it would have got a higher rating if it was still with Gosden) and bottom weight. It would be fair to say that it was not given a hard race last time at Wolverhampton and may benefit from the step up to two miles in what does not look a great race (of course, it could be ordinary itself).

Having stuck a couple of quid on last night at 11/2 it has now drifted like a barge. If they think they are going to get big bets on at Kempton midweek, they are deluding themselves.

GOLDBONES likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Timeform comment looks interesting, as does the pedigree. Surely an ew touch now at 8/1?

"Thrice-raced maiden. Sixth of 11 in minor event (66/1) at Wolverhampton (12.2f) 18 days ago, nearest finish and catching the eye. Significantly up in trip for handicap debut. Open to improvement and most interesting."

9. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

First time in a handicap puts me off a bit. Never back a horse on handicap debut, is one of my personal rules! Wait until its handicap rating looks reliable? However, as QM intimated, could be a 'job', we'll have to wait and see. Good luck if you have a bet

10. Pilgrim

Well done.

SwanHills likes this.

11. GOLDBONES

GOLDBONES Well-Known Member

Quality Swanny

SwanHills likes this.
  12. Pilgrim

Tipped last year Ballygrifincottage (4º) 33/1e/w for the Albert Bartlett, today in his first race over fences won and jumps fine. Hope runs in NHChase.

13. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Well backed but faded badly from 2nd place in closing stages

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Listened to the 8.20 Kempton whilst watching football. Seemed like Shadowfax was in a good position throughout but then dropped right out of contention. Not sure what to make of that. As it drifted in price, maybe something wasn't quite right and they decided to save him for another day. Without inside info, who knows.

When a horse is backed from 66/1 down to single figures and wins, what chance does form studiers have

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Have to say, Swanny, I do not normally back first time in a handicap either. It just goes to show that you should not listen to the owners as they know as little as everyone else. It did go out to 11/1 but ended up 9/1 but I do not think that would have taken huge bets on a Wednesday night at Kempton.

I only backed it to my normal stakes. My mate lost £200 on it and he tells me his friend in Romford that gave him the info “did his brains so he should stick to dogs from now on”! I await the race post mortem, assuming one is forthcoming – it will probably be the usual jockey bullsh*t.

The Johnston favourite was hammered in the betting all day and opened odds on at the track. It and Humanitarian made most of the running (of what you could see in the fog) but perhaps the pace was a little fast as the winner Duty Of Care sat near the back most of the race and then swooped at the distance to win going away. Shadowfax ran respectably but was never going to be winning three furlongs out as there were others around him travelling better (obviously the winner was one) and he ended up sixth with favourite Pons Aelius plugging on for fourth. It was quite a valuable race by kitty litter standards so perhaps they need to lower their sights with a 70 rated horse.

Ron likes this.