1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wednesdays breakfast debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by bucks_is_leeds, Jun 24, 2015.

1. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has been fined 40,000 euros (£28,500) after being found guilty of tax evasion by an Italian court.

The 58-year-old was convicted of failing to pay VAT on a Range Rover imported from the United States.

Cellino only returned to the Leeds board last month after serving a four-month Football League ban for failing to pay import duty on a yacht.

The League is yet to comment on whether Cellino could face further action.

Adam Pope adds the following " I have contacted the club to see if this affects his ownership status and the message back was that it seemed unlikely. Cellino was relaxed, I'm told, but no statement is expected from United.

"However, I understand that Cellino, along with others, has to appear in court on 14 September regarding an investigation into the construction of the IS Arenas stadium in Cagliari.

"Those charges include corruption, attempted corruption, unauthorised construction and non-compliance with a public authority order.

"So the obstacles to his continued running of the club are far from overcome it would seem."

So, looks like a non starter really and wont affect ownership or the club.

In other news Rosler has brought in ANOTHER coach - LEEDS UNITED are set to add to Uwe Rosler’s backroom team by bringing in Julian Darby as their new first-team coach.

Farnworth-born Darby, 47, has considerable experience in the coaching sphere, with his last position coming at United’s Championship rivals Nottingham Forest – where he had two spells with Billy Davies.

Darby left Forest for the second time in March 2014 along with Davies, assistant David Kelly and adviser Jim Price.

During his second stint at the City Ground, Darby also worked with Rob Kelly, part of the management team there under Davies for a spell and he is destined to again link up with the 50-year-old at Elland Road.

Kelly was confirmed as Rosler’s assistant head coach earlier this month.

Darby’s coaching career began at Preston North End and he became first-team coach under Davies before linking up with the Scot when he left for Derby County in 2006.

He followed Davies to Nottingham in January 2009, only to leave following his departure and the appointment of Steve McLaren in June 2011.

Following a spell with hometown club Bolton as an under-16s academy coach, he assisted former Trotters’ team mate Jimmy Phillips during his brief stint as caretaker manager following Owen Coyle’s sacking in October 2012.

He returned for a second spell at Forest as first-team coach to Davies in February 2013 and spent 13 months with the Reds.

In his playing days, Darby was a midfielder with Bolton, Coventry, West Brom, Preston and Carlisle.

Alongside the appointment of Rosler and Kelly, United have also added goalkeeping coach Richard Hartis to their backroom line-up ahead of the 2015-16 campaign after he arrived from Championship rivals Cardiff City.

New head of recruitment Martyn Glover has also joined Leeds after leaving an identical role at West Ham.

Meanwhile, Wigan Athletic are being linked with a move to bring Billy Sharp across the Pennines to the DW Stadium.

The Latics, who have this week sold James McClean to West Brom, have already been busy in the transfer market, bringing in Rotherham captain Craig Morgan, keeper Richard O’Donnell and midfielder David Perkins as they seek to return to the Championship at the first time of asking – and thought to be keen on Sharp.

Sharp’s former club Sheffield United have also been credited with an interest in bringing the 29-year-old back to Bramall Lane, although manager Nigel Adkins played down reports earlier this month.

Sharp enjoyed a fruitful stint under Adkins at Scunthorpe United and Southampton, before the 50-year-old signed him on loan at Reading.

Despite professing a long-standing admiration for Sharp, Adkins – speaking earlier this month – commented: “Sharpy is a Leeds United player at this point in time, simple as that.

“We’ve always known him; we had him at Scunthorpe and sold him to United, then we took him to Southampton with us and brought him in on loan at Reading, too.

“But we’ve got to first get in there when the players come back, assess the personnel we already have at our disposal and then go from there.”

United’s White Rose derby at Doncaster Rovers in the first round of the Capital One Cup has been selected for TV coverage and will be shown live on Sky Sports on Thursday, August 13 (7.45pm).

As a result, the Whites’ trip to Reading, scheduled for Saturday, August 15, has now been put back 24 hours to Sunday, August 16 (3pm).

The game at the Keepmoat Stadium will be Rosler’s first competitive away match in charge of the Whites.

Leeds are unbeaten in six matches in all competitions at the Keepmoat, winning five, with Rovers having not beaten United on home soil since way back in August 1951.

Leeds have won on their last four visits in all competitions to Doncaster.

August’s game sees Doncaster-born Alex Mowatt return to his hometown club, having made his debut at the Keepmoat for Leeds in the Capital One Cup win there almost two years ago

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. strachallister

strachallister Well-Known Member

3. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Morning Strach, hope your well pal <ok>

How reliable is that source? 'with Bamba signing a two-year deal where there is an option for a third.
    The 30-year-old centre back made 19 appearances for Leeds United on loan last season, scoring his only goal in the away fixture against Fulham.'

I thought it was Cellinos policy for only a years deal if your past 30?

4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good morning to Bucks and co
    From a sunny Bardsey
    So Bamba signs at last I always was confident he would so that's the defence taken care of now to sort out the rest
    Celino that will run and run why he just doesn't pay the tax in the first place baffles me

5. strachallister

Morning Bucks , 99% reliable they dont normally post stuff without it being credible I read he got back from holiday yesterday and signed straight away !! Im not sure about cellinos policy I think he just makes it up as he goes along to be honest !!! :bandit:

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  6. strachallister

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  7. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Massimo found guilty of tax evasion after just completing a ban for avoiding import duty,with an allegation for corruption in the pipeline.I wouldn't like him to be in charge of my dinner money.

8. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

morning All

Regarding Bamba Until it's on the club Website I'm going to have an air of let's wait and see.

9. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

There it is.

We are delighted to confirm that defender Sol Bamba has returned to the club on a permanent basis after an undisclosed fee was agreed with Italian side Palermo.

Bamba, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Elland Road, has penned a two-year deal with the option of a third as Uwe Rosler's squad continues to take shape for the new campaign.
    - See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/art...mba-signs-permanent-deal#sthash.2e7G0LUn.dpuf

ellandback likes this.
  10. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Finally, the Bamba deal gets accross the line. Brilliant signing IMO <ok>

11. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

3 more to go I believe i and that's the 4 in 9 days

12. strachallister

Apparently 4 more to go !!! preseason training starts next week

13. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Any idea when we are going to see the new kits?

14. strachallister

The 9th of july pal

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  15. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Seems a long wait! Hopefully it will get leaked sooner. No sponsor and all white and I'll be buying this year <ok> Macron were just awful when it came to quality. Trading standards should have pulled them by now!

16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I think Leeds60 had a lot to do with that........:emoticon-0105-wink:

ristac likes this.
  17. strachallister

Its a private party on the 9th of july so doubt it will be leaked !!:steam: it would be nice all white, but i think there will be a sponsor on it , at least we know its kappa <ok> they will be wearing it on the 10th july at the Harrogate friendly !!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  18. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

I don't think the new kit has a sponsor does it?

Rumour has it where in for Clayton Donaldson from Birmingham. In my oppinion a top player for his division.

19. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Afternoon all,30c here and sunny.
    Seems salermo has left the club,possibly to jpin watford.
    I think the bamba permanent deal is a good one,who won the bet 60 or glory?
    Other rumours zac benedic to leave and we are reported to be interested in stefano okaka,another italien,but with salermo leaving maybe we get less of these rumours.

20. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Yeah i read that he maybe going to Watford. Good luck to them!