1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Week Long Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, May 22, 2023.

1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Yeah he looked too good for the Championship. Sometimes it just doesn't work out for players at certain clubs. Maybe this is what's happening here. I'll be surprised if Luton don't try and buy him.

ninian opinion likes this.
  2. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Big improvement from the defensive side of things this season!
    upload_2023-5-28_22-34-36.png
    upload_2023-5-28_22-35-14.png

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

note you chose your words carefully there fella.
    Was ‘the best 3 minutes accompanied in a car’ with big Debbie from accounts at the Christmas party 1992

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    NostradEmus likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Leicester go down with the most expensive team ever relegated. It took their model 9 years to actually work but the Leeds model worked in only 3 years.

And so it begins:

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Is there any positive spin the club can put on this disaster? No! Look at it from a cash perspective, we spent £100m last summer and we get relegated. That shows a level of incompetence at board level that in the real world means the sack. Yes the culprit was sacked but not until the season was dead, he also employed Marsch, then refused to sack him and when he did it was too late to get a competent coach. Sorry but this debacle has been almost criminal from the whole board. What a waste

foolee likes this.
  7. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Morning everyone. Even though I knew it was coming I was still devastated when relegation was confirmed.
    Because of the **** show at the wheel of this great club I have no faith that we will get back to the PL.
    Bielsa told the board that they would need to change the players players after 3 years because his demands were so intense but they didn't listen to him.
    I think Orta was the curse on us so I'm delighted he's gone but I have no faith that they will pick the right replacement.
    I said that under Bielsa we were great to watch but I was swept up in the "It's time for him to go" wave. In fact, as many have said, he was trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
    I just hope that for once the club does the right thing.
    And no more ****ing wingers!!

8. LeedsRover1

LeedsRover1 Well-Known Member

9. LeedsRover1

LeedsRover1 Well-Known Member

I never expected this, when we broke for the World Cup. Love how the club was United under Marcelo, it seems a very fractured club this morning. Positives are hard to find, maybe get to the occasional game this season, which was impossible the last 3 yrs unless you joined the prawn sandwich brigade.

I’m unconvinced that we will have the strength of character to get back up quickly. Just don’t see our lightweight attack mixing it with championship defenders, to win the right to play. Our poor defence might improve with proper coaching/tactics dealing with less clinical strikers. Perhaps it might be the wake up call the players and owners need to move forward, but I’m not convinced.
    Much will depend on the choice of manager ( and DoF?), once the ownership is sorted. MOT

Doc likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Media now using made up stories about 49ers pulling out of buying the club yada yada yada……..

Ok let’s get a few facts straight last week when the club was worth £500m they already owned £220m worth of the club. Why the fook would you decide to make the value of your shares lose even more cash? Right now the club is worth £170m which also means that the 49ers a,ready own £75m worth of shares at the lower valuation. Nobody will cut their own throat so whatever happens will happen quickly, even if that means Radz stays in charge, but then the 49ers won’t want that so will do something as doing nothing means relegation again to L1 and club valuation falling back to £50m and the 49ers have already paid Radz a lot more than that for their 44%

11. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Agree Doc that it's now about to get interesting especially as the 49ers stand to lose the most. Basically Radz has already had his money out plus he still owns the stadium so can milk some cash for that over the next few decades should he wish.

Main reason Radz would agree to a lower buy out now though is the wages liability for season after next. Without paying any bonuses we're actually in a decent position for next season but should we fail to bounce straight back we'll be running at a significant loss.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

13. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Very good and he’s spot on of course. I think even the most optimistic of us with several pairs of rose tinted glasses can now see the absolute catastrophe our owners have been. But that’s all in the past and now we must try and move forward. I can’t see how until radz and his te am are gone

southernwhite likes this.
  14. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

It's only be just over 24 hours since we were relegated but not surprisingly the Jamster is over it.

Can't wait for the new season to start and to get stuck into the Championship.

8 more matches.
    No VAR
    Plenty of good teams to watch.
    Matches on ifollow/red button etc.

Come on Leeds <cheers>

15. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

16. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Eireleeds1 and Irishshako like this.
  17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Better and more competitive league too.

OLOF and Eireleeds1 like this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Rubbish phillips hardly played and when he did at the end it was half hearted.

19. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Better forum posters too.

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  20. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

On the bright side we have 10 weeks of transfer, ownership and manager rumours to entertain us now. Who would we take from the other Championship teams (assuming they'd come to us).

Old Git likes this.