1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend 24/25 August 2013

Discussion in 'GAA' started by RebelBhoy, Aug 24, 2013.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Antrim u-21 hurlers reach the u-21 hurling final beating Wexford 2-15 to 1-16. A late rally for Wexford scoring 1-1 late on.

Wexford were 80-1 on this morning....Antrim ripped the **** out of that.

2. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

ladies U16 All Ireland Final (FT) Cork 6-9 Dublin 3-5

3. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Clare U-21's are mauling Galway in fairly poo conditions. This team are pretty special.

I hope our seniors can catch them before they get too good.

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

David McInerney "Galway were very good and really pressurised us in the match... And luckily now...we got the right result so we're looking forward to Wexford now in 3 weeks"

Micheál Ó Domhnaill" exactly...err Antrim Actually won the first game.

Dmi "oh did they"

Mod "yes, they came through because of course everybody was expecting Wexford to come through so er a big surprise, so that'll give you something new to think about" (sic)

Dmi " jesus..... my apologies, that was a bad statement there by me. antrim have put in some serious work...we'll be looking forward to that one"

5. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Go on Mayo

6. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Some shoulder on Harte

7. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Afraid to say Tyrone are definitely up for it and playing the better at the moment
    Tyrone 0-4 Mayo 0-2

8. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Mayo scored a resounding 3-19 to 1-12 win over Monaghan to reach the All-Ireland MFC final.
    Conor McCarthy brought Monaghan level with a 22nd-minute goal, which was immediately cancelled out by a Conor Loftus strike.
    Mayo led by 1-10 to 1-06 at the interval, and added further goals through Michael Plunkett and Tommy Conroy.
    Darragh Doherty’s classy four points haul was one of many highlights of a polished display by the Connacht champions, who meet either Tyrone or Roscommon in the decider.
    Mayo raced into a two-point lead inside the opening three minutes, with half-backs Michael Hall and Stephen Coen charging forward to pick off neat scores.

But they were almost undone at the back when Conor McCarthy’s searching delivery picked out David McAllister, but his low shot was superbly kept out by the trailing foot of goalkeeper Mark Mulligan.
    Monaghan’ keeper Conor Forde stroked the resultant ’45 between the posts, but Mayo were able to expose huge gaps in the Farney defence, which they exploited for Tommy Conroy and the marauding Coen to pick off scores.
    The Connacht champions were purring, and playing some slick football which their opponents couldn’t live with.

When Coen pumped in a ball from deep, Darragh Doherty found Conroy with a neat offload, and the corner forward popped over a sublime score for a five-point lead.
    David McAllister pulled back a couple of points from frees, and in the 22nd minute they drew level when Conor McCarthy broke two tackles to smash in a wonderful goal.
    Their joy lasted less than a minute, though, for Mayo went straight back upfield for Conor Loftus to grab a deflected goal.
    Mayo led by 1-10 to 1-06 at the interval, and corner forward Doherty showcased his class with two immaculate points in the opening moments of the second half.

They struck a killer blow in the 35th minute when Forde failed to hold Padraig Prendergast’s dropping shot, and Michael Plunkett nipped in to finish to the net from no more than a yard out.
    Mayo ‘keeper Mulligan pulled off another smart save from Desmond Ward to snuff out what was one of a handful of sporadic raids in the third quarter, and by the beginning of the final quarter, the Connacht lads led by double scores, 2-16 to 1-08.
    The class of Conor McCarthy still shone, however, the Monaghan corner forward firing over a couple of eye-catching scores to lift spirits.
    But the dominant westerners finished of their challenge in devastating fashion with a third goal six minutes from the end, Conroy blasting a spectacular shot to the roof of the net at the Hill 16 end.
    Monaghan: C Forde (0-1, ’45), S Treanor, K Loughran, P McArdle, A Kieran, R McAnespie (0-1), M Murnaghan, M Brown, M Magee, M O’Dowd, A Curran, D Ward, C McCarthy (1-4), D McAllister (0-3, 3f), F McMahon (0-2, 1f).
    Subs: D Meegan for Brown, N Loughman for Kieran, B McGinn for O’Dowd, C Martin for McArdle, A Treanor (0-1) for S Treanor
    Mayo: M Mulligan, E Doran, S Cunniffe, D Kenny, M Hall (0-2), S Coen (0-2), S Conlon, V Roughneen, D O’Connor, C Loftus (1-1), M Plunkett (1-2), C Hanley, D Doherty (0-4), L Irwin (0-3, 2f), T Conroy (1-2).
    Subs: P Prendergast (0-2) for Hanley, C Byrne (0-1) for Doherty, R Finn for Doran, J Langan for Plunkett, F Duffy for Irwin
    Referee: A Nolan (Wicklow).

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks it.

I got a text from my mate this morning who is on the Mayo, Roscommon border. He was looking out his window at all the cars going past begrudging them their day out saying they think they have it won already.

Tyrone are better than I thought they'd be.

10. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Mayo not at it, lovely point from McCorry
    Tyrone 0-06 Mayo 0-03

11. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

That is controversial.... Unbelievable

12. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

With Tyrone just the usual trying to influence the referee. Sean Cavanagh is the greatest crier I have seen

13. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I've accused Mayo teams in the past of being bottles. I've said that this Mayo team will not bottle it. I'm still backing them.

14. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

This game reminds me of what Mayo did to us a couple of years back.

15. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Missed the last 15 minutes. Which one of the Cavanaghs are the most cynical

16. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Mayo still very wasteful. Hope 6 points lead is enough

17. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Conroy is some pup

18. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Fair play Mayo.

19. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm delighted for them. I hope they go all the way now.

20. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Ooft