1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Fulham will get at least 36/37 points.

Maybe a few more after the bonus win at Anfield last week.

leeds down south likes this.
  2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think there’s plenty of likely points on the table... we have the bottom 2 at home - however when I looked at our run of fixtures I was hoping to pick something up from wolves/villa/West Ham because with Chelsea in form then a tricky one at Fulham. If we don’t pick up any points from these 2 we then have a run of the 2 mans and Liverpool. We could easily be in a terrible run and under a bit of pressure before the ‘more winnable’ games come. But hey it’s the PL anyone beats anyone in their day. Win today would be nice!

3. Jammy 07

It's lockdown piling on the pounds...always got the munchies so it seems.

Hope you enjoyed <laugh>

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Nice words and reassuring words from Rodrigo

The Spaniard spoke of adjusting to the Whites after his summer move and reflected on catching Covid and his recent injury.

“Obviously it has been an irregular year,” Rodrigo told AS.

“At first I had to adapt and it was difficult for me to get into the team.

“When I did, I caught COVID, two weeks totally stopped, and when I got back into the rhythm, I got injured and I haven’t been able to play for a month.

“In this context, I am happy with the displays in the 19 games that I have put in but the fact that my season was disrupted has prevented me from reaching greater heights.”

FORZA LEEDS and Jammy 07 like this.
  5. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Leeds seems about right. Done care about Albion.

Harsh on the rest-
    Wolves just 7 pts from 10
    Palace 2 pts from 10
    Southampton 5 from 10
    Burnley 4 from 10
    Newcastle 5 from 10
    Brighton 3 from 11
    Fulham 3 from 10

Some of those may be close to reality but can't see them all finishing the season in such disgraceful form!

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looking at the run in though some are really going to struggle and I gave them 1 point each when they faced each other but some tough games for all of them and we are slightly easier games even though we have some very tough games left

7. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

My predictions for who will finish where with how many :,-)

Think on those predictions we are safe with 5 games remaining and I think I have us down to get 13 points in the last 5 games, can't quite remember exactly

Final Table PTS

1 Manchester City 95

2 Manchester United 73

3 Chelsea 73

4 Leicester City 69

5 Tottenham Hotspur 68

6 West Ham United 67

7 Liverpool 64

8 Everton 62

9 Arsenal 58

10 Leeds United 55

11 Wolverhampton Wanderers 52

12 Aston Villa 48

13 Southampton 45

14 Fulham 40

15 Crystal Palace 40

16 Brighton & Hove Albion 34

17 Burnley 34

18 Newcastle United 32

19 Sheffield United 20

20 West Bromwich Albion 19

ristac, Doc and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  8. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I shall be made up if BHA and Barecodes swap places.

Aski likes this.
  9. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I like Graham Potter as a coach, so I don't mind them surviving, but can understand why you would prefer BHA to go down

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

As a bloke I always liked Chris Houghton and not long ago we were hoping he would take over from Heckingbottom. He was sacked by BHA for getting them promoted and keeping them up twice. Potter was brought in and only did exactly what Houghton did and it looks like he will be worse than Houghton points this season. A bit of the Tony Pulis here as Stoke are still nowhere near what he did but they sacked him anyway?

Gessa likes this.

11. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with your argument Doc, but still doesn't stop me liking the way Potter tries to play football. He was who I wanted as coach prior to the bloke from Barnsley taking over, but happily we eventually managed to find the correct appointment to move us forward

NostradEmus and Doc like this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

He plays a good style of football deffo and think his players have overplayed in the box and thats hurt them. He has spent some serious cash and done a lot of wheeling and dealing but has spread his cash through the team instead of concentrating on weak areas. I have no problem with him except choices. He was at Swansea during the Dan James fiasco, he was part if the Ben White fiasco. If he had taken the White money and spent it on a couple of top players on top of what he spent he would be pushing well above mid table. His choices or his chairmans?

Houghton got Norwich promoted twice but they like the parachute money, he got Newcastle promoted and he got Brighton promoted and stable. His style of football I would say has been like Big Sams, you can only do what your players are capable of and your budget allows. However he is making a bollox of Notts Forest?

Aski likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like the Tyler Roberts fan boys are going to be happy. Wait until the final question/answer:

When your side is up against a superior team as you called it without your captain, Patrick going off, in those circumstances, are you more proud with the result?
    What makes a team like Chelsea so fearful is that for their four positions in attack, the two wide men, the striker and one that plays behind - they are able to count on two players for each of these positions. The most difficult thing in football is positions in attack. They are the players who are most substituted. When you have four of those players on the field and can count on four more to bring on, it's not easy to face these teams. We made a big, big, big effort so that the game would not become unbalanced. It was with a slight pre-domination from us in the second half and more clear dominance from them in the first half. But the offensive production of each team was similar and this is very difficult to achieve. If you take, for example, the last game they played before they played us, the first proper chance that Chelsea conceded in that game was the 90th minute. So for us, to have provoked five or six occasions on goal has its merit.

Do you recall replacing Tyler Roberts in 2019 after he had come on as a substitute, you were very apologetic about that decision afterwards. Will you make a similar apology to Rodrigo or explain the decision to him?
    I comment to you what I have already said. The contribution that Rodrigo made was above what he's actually capable of doing at this moment. More than apologising to to him, I have to thank him for the contribution that he made whilst he was on the pitch, because I insist the contributions he made do not correspond to where he's at in his return.

To sign up to our Leeds United newsletter, click here.
    Did you feel sorry for Tyler Roberts today because he played so well, yet couldn't score and didn't get the goal he deserved?
    Yes, but the game today showed an evolution from Tyler in his game, as the number nine as well as a number 10.

14. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I respected Brighton stance on White. Selling to a possible rival that might finish in and around you in the league would be stupid. I wanted us to get White but respect to Brighton for standing firm and being honest about why they don't want to sell him to Leeds. Its not what we wanted but at no point did they **** us around. They also put a new improved contract in front of Ben.

As for the James transfer. That was pure ****housery of the highest order. Sending a young kid who thought he was getting a dream move up to a club and agreeing everything before stop answering the phone is out of order. Both from a Leeds point of view and Daniel James point of view. Swansea ****ed everybody over on that deal. Might have cost us promotion and poor James was in tears. It worked out in the end for James, he got his move to Scum but to do that to one of their own youngsters is wrong. You can't treat people and other clubs like that. Just to point out that it had nothing to do with Potter. It was boardroom level.

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

All those people near sharp objects who have noticed Palace have moved above us on 37 points. Step away! We have a game in hand still. I predicted a draw today but they spawned a win against a team who will be relegated, trust me they have some tough games to come. We have a game in hand and much much much better goal difference

16. NostradEmus

To be honest, we are probably safe now.

If we avoid defeat to Fulham we can wrap up for the season as far as I am concerned.

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with you really because I suspect there is truth in both sides of this debate. On White yes they gave him a new gig but remember our £30m wasnt enough, they wanted Liverpools £40m

NostradEmus likes this.
  18. NostradEmus

Yes. They also made it clear that they were reluctant to sell to us because they saw us as rivals in the league table whereas they were not going in direct competition with Liverpool. Makes sense to me.

Doc likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well well well, I am now putting Bogusz on the get rid list, after this:

Speaking to the LUFC Fanzone Podcast, Mateusz Bogusz has opened up on the lack of chances he has received at Leeds United.

The Polish midfielder has for a long time been tipped as the next big thing at Elland Road, and fans have called for him to get a shot on numerous occasions.

However, he’s made just three senior appearances since joining Leeds, and as you can imagine, he’s been a bit frustrated by his lack of opportunities.
    “You know, after this pre-season I started to think ‘yeah, I can really do something here.’ I started thinking like this, maybe I could receive some chances in the Championship and I was training the same. And I started waiting for it, and it was one game on the bench, two, three, four, five, and I never got a chance you know,” Bogusz said.

“Maybe I was too quick to wait for it, but maybe I was not angry, but maybe a little bit, how do I say? Distrusting that I don’t get this chance, I don’t know what happened. I don’t remember good but, I think it was six games on the bench in a row, and then I had three or four games when I was on the bench. From this the situation it was a little hard, I was in training, I was in the Under 23s and sometimes I was on the bench, it was difficult, you know?”

FORZA LEEDS and Whitejock like this.
  20. Jammy 07

Fulham doing well against Man City...HT 0-0

Just can't see the Cottagers going down <laugh>

Whitejock likes this.