1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Sep 17, 2021.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Long term planner is Bielsa and as a pointer is the improvement in Rodrigos play in an unfamiliar position in this set up. But the guy can really pass the ball and i would love to see him with gelhardt in the cup. I think bielsa will give the u23s a go

Doc likes this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

RIP Jimmy Greaves, top top striker, top TV pundit in the days of good pundits who had no PC worries. An all around top bloke <peacedove>

3. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Andrew Taylor is our head of loan players and I am beginning to wonder if Victor Orta, he and Bielsa are in the process of rethinking Bogusz. I say this because yes Bogusz is flying at the moment, but is also being quoted saying all the right things about Leeds and Bielsa. He is in a few football mags and newspapers in Spain and thats being picked up over here now. Yet last season Bogusz was fuming and his treatment and even earlier this Summer Bogusz was being chased by Legia Warsaw and said they would pay cash for him or take him on loan back to Poland. Bogusz was looking forward to going to play for LW but Leeds decided to send him on loan to Spain?

So something has changed. Bogusz is now a pin up poster boy player and talking the right way about Leeds and Bielsa. Has Andy Taylor beenin Ibiza to look at his progress? Why did they turn down cash from Legia Warsaw or even loan him out there as he would get Polands top league experience and Champions League time? January transfer window will we recall him back to Leeds.

southernwhite, FORZA LEEDS and ristac like this.
  5. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Rodrigo has to come good otherwise we could be in a spot of bother. yes he had decent stats Friday night but he should have. we were playing Newcastle probably one of the worst teams in the division.
    Don't know if i heard it on here or somewhere else but we are playing this season like we thought we would last season.
    1. Are we going to finish top 10? From what I've seen so far no. but it's still a benchmark that can be reached.
    Not mentioning the other way things can go as it's way to early. but, gaps are hard to close in this division.
    Plagued with Injuries doesn't help either and it's always the same guys.
    I don't think we have strengthened enough I think we have expected players from last season to do the same thing again. Some aren't doing that.
    Last season was new everyone had a spring in their step on the pitch. wow Premier League ! busting a gut. Brentford have that feeling right now.
    This season for us has levelled out. that wow factor has gone it's now graft and work.
    Teams are working us out now and are finding our weaknesses. stopping us running the wide area's and Bamford is now a well marked man.
    once we are are on the backfoot we are a poor side. our strengths are pushing other teams back pressing the hell out of teams not letting them settle making them gasp for breath. leading to mistakes something we aren't doing this season.
    Big Month ahead.

RIP Jimmy Greaves (The Saint and Greavsie show) was my growing up go to football show.

Jammy 07, Doc and ristac like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Kiko still doing well yesterday:
    Kiko Casilla - Elche
    It's safe to say Casilla is enjoying his loan spell out at Elche and he produced another inspired display to earn his side a point against Levante.

The shot-stopper, who was often prone to an error at Elland Road, seems to have cut those out of his game and has been in excellent form in La Liga, with Elche currently sitting 11th.

NostradEmus and Jammy 07 like this.
  7. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Good to hear that Doc.

Not because I want him back at Leeds but the poor fella was put through the wringer with the racism charge. It can't have been easy for him but he was well liked amongst the squad and that speaks volumes in my opinion.

We'll never forget Kiko that's for sure.

foolee and Doc like this.
  8. Jammy 07

Roberts in my opinion had improved quite a bit since we were promoted. There is however no denying he lacks an end product and if he can't add that in the next few months it will be hard to argue in favour of him remaining in and around the team.

He doesn't necessarily need to start scoring loads of goals (would be nice though) or making assists, it's more that when he find space in those tight areas his involvement should lead to attempts at goal by the team. At the moment that's not happening hence all the criticism.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    NostradEmus and foolee like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

When the racism furore was at its height I always go back to Tyler Roberts defending Kiko. We all know Roberts is a massive knee taker and black power fist raiser, as well as being big mates with the player Kiko is said to have abused. Things didnt add up for me and why would Kiko stick up for him when the likes of Phil Hay and The Square Ball jumped on the bandwagon and condemned Kiko. That Summer Kalvin Phillips Tyler Roberts, Johnathon Leko (Accuser) Ben White, Ian Poveda were all on holiday abroad together. So Roberts was still mates with Leko but he always stood up for Kiko as did Bielsa and the team. For me another go at Leeds Utd is sport to some?

Oh and it means we get a good price for Kiko at the end of the season because it looks like he is keeping them in La Liga

foolee and oldschool like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Pascal Struijk starts for the 23s today and we have Forshaw on the bench so looks like he will be playing against Fulham.

southernwhite, foolee and Jammy 07 like this.

11. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

so for all the sh*t he gets, maybe ‘masive knee taking black power fist raising’ Roberts is a decent guy who calls it straight?

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I get the feeling Joffy wants to start on Tuesday as he is on fire for the U23s against one of the favs for the title, Liverpool. Joffy ripping Liverpool apart and scores a wondergoal almost scores another couple. Amari Miller scores a second and Leeds now 0-2 up at half time

Joffy lobbed the keeper from the halfway line

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    southernwhite likes this.
  13. Jammy 07

You should know by now milky that black people are only allowed to protest in a way that's acceptable to white working class blokes of a certain age. You know the types, those who like a good laugh at racist jokes but somehow get the heeby jeepies at the sight of a bit of solidarity from a minority who've had enough of being abused and discriminated against solely for their skin colour.

Trumps all else that.

gombawn likes this.
  14. Jammy 07

What type of team have Liverpool put out Doc ?

I'm guessing they have a Carabao Cup game midweek where their U23's will be needed as well.

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Cresswell replaced at half time yet again so deffo starting against Fulham I would say. So we should now see Nohan Kenneh move to CB alongside young Hjelde. Forshaw now on the pitch

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looking at their team sheet it looks pretty top notch. It seems like our boys are going for revenge for the first team and also all trying to get a game on Tuesday. We have had another good goal chalked off for offside but wasnt and Greenwood missed a sitter and Miller has hit the post twice. Red are being bruised

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I can say Joffy has just hit another worldy to make it 0-4 to Leeds but loving this

18. wakeybreakyheart

If he manages to walk to the bench.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

20. wakeybreakyheart

Yet the same guys accept people of all races but won't be **** on by political movements.

FORZA LEEDS and Doc like this.