1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Weekend Reality Check

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Aug 7, 2020.

1. lifecheshirewhite

Yes but as we will probably pay over 3-4 years, it's probably not much more than we are paying as a loan fee, and would allow us to loan a high value player that we can't afford.

ristac likes this.
  2. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Brighton would be silly not to sell him as I don’t think they’ll use him first team, different style of play and I don’t think anyone will pay as much as we will. His value then decreases and they have an unhappy player earning way below what he could/should be earning. Hoping that Ben pushes the deal through to Leeds. I know Liverpool are in the frame but I really can’t see them paying 20-30 million being touted for a CB with 1 good season in the championship.

ristac and 2 pennth like this.
  3. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I'd agree, just because Liverpool are interested doesn't mean they'll pay yhat amount for someone to sit on the bench. I think Brighton are getting carried away with the fee mentioned. I can understand £12m with generous add ons plus sell ons but £25- £30m plus add ons now is well over the top

ristac, NostradEmus and 2 pennth like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Leeds have offered £18.5m which was rejected and have also tabled a £22m offer which has also been rejected. If I was Orta I would ring Ben White and inform him that his club are full of bandits and we will not be fleeced

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Now on Sky Sports News Leeds have had a £22m bid firmly rejected. They pay him £5k per week and want to charge £30m for him WTAF

ristac likes this.
  6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

We should charge them for bringing him on. No way should we pay this kind of money.

ristac likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’m glad it was rejected, far too much, a stupid fee

NostradEmus likes this.
  8. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Sorry for being the dumb arse of the class but I don’t understand point 1 v point 2 of the premier league loan rule. As for Ben White, don’t think we should have upped the first bid, why create an auction against ourselves? I think he wants to join us, doesn’t want to be 4th choice at Liverpool so let’s see how Brighton deal with an unhappy player on their hands.

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I also hope lessons will be learned about loaning players and not having the option to buy set in the terms from the start. Ben White wouldn’t be a £8m player before coming to us yet alone the £30m Brighton are hoping for

10. Leedsoflondon

Hope he tells potter he wants to play and wants 50k plus a week to reflect his new value of him to them.

ristac, Doc and NostradEmus like this.

11. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Just get Kalvin on to him. Tell him we will make that 5k a week look like peanuts and get him in to the England squad.

If he stays at Brighton he will end up like curtis Davies (all promise yet no career)

12. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Which points are those LoL ?

13. Leedsoflondon

May not register more than 2 loan players v 4 in total?

14. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

In the season. So you might loan 2 and they get recalled so you can only have 4 loanees throughout the season, that’s how I interpreted it anyway.

Jammy 07 and Aski like this.
  15. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

ok so this transfer window we can take 2 players on loan.

Come January transfer window we can take a further 2 players on loan, providing either

a) we purchase the existing players on loan or
    b) those original loan players return to their parent club

So we have loan Jack Harrison, and we get someone else in. Come January we decide to actually buy Harrison and the other player returns to his parent club.

We get 2 new loan players in. First game one of those players gets injured and because he will be out for 12 months he returns to his parent club for treatment.

Even though we now only have one player on loan, we cannot get a replacement as we have already used our maximum of 4 loans.

Or to look at it a different way, we have Harrison and A N Other on loan. Before this transfer window ends we have opportunity to sign Harry Kane on loan. We therefore buy Harrison, turning his loan into a permanent move.

Thus in January window if both Kane and A N Other return to their parent club, we can only bring in one loan player, as we have already had 3 players on loan this season

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Jammy 07 likes this.
  16. Leedsoflondon

Thanks for clearing that up, just off for a lie down in a darkened room <ok> <laugh>

southernwhite and Aski like this.
  17. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I could say lol LoL but that would probably be even more confusing than my explanation. ;)

Basically you can have no more than 2 loan players at the club, but you are allowed to change those 2 players during any of the transfer windows, providing you dont exceed a maximum of 4 loans in a season

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ben White has turned down 2 contract offers from Brighton so good lad is saying you can go fk off. I bet he wants guaranteed football and wants a salary to reflect a £30m player....... this is not going well for Brighton

19. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Ok Shaks :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But... He has two years to go on his current contract at Brighton. Somewhere else someone pointed out what a Brighton fan had put on a Brighton forum. Ben White can sit in the reserves or on the bench for two years earning £5k a week or he can get over it and sign a new contract for £50k. Give him a month or two on £5k a week and watch him change his mind. Either way if Brighton don't need the money why should they sell him at what they believe he is worth (just trying to look at it through neutral eyes). Even two years on he will be under 24 so Brighton will receive a tribunal fee for him