1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

well done from ncfc fan

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by canary on the weald, May 9, 2014.

1. canary on the weald

canary on the weald Active Member

as i recover from the horror of relegation,i would just like to say well done to you. nobody can deny you deserve to stay up. your team have pulled off some amazing results in the last few weeks,dug in and battled together for every point. all the things norwich have not done. the simple truth is you deserve to stay up.......and we dont. ah well heres hopeing for better next year( i actuly quite like the championship) norwich normaly do quite well in it,and its more fun watching your team play well and score goals than struggle every week. having said that of course i would rather be in the premiership! anyway,congratulations! enjoy next season

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Apart from 50,000 screaming Geordies ...... they planning a family protest day with rioting, firestarting, horse punching and a mock funeral <ok>

Seriously, fair lay for posting this message and good luck next season.

You should poach Mick from Ipswich and he'll get you promoted, no bother.

I like Norwich more than Fulham & Cardiff and would rather Hull had gone in your place, your fans & posters seem like much more decent people.

All the best mate <ok>

3. canary on the weald

4. Smug in Boots

BTW, is your username a local expression for going out drinking <laugh>

5. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

Ah, the 'friendly final' in '85 - has to be up there with one of the ****tiest games I've ever seen, especially given that it was a cup final. There was something in the air that day rival fans mingling on a sunny day and lots of shinanigans without a hint of trouble.

It has to be up there as a great footballing day out - nearly 30 years on and that good feeling between the fans is still there as a consequence of that day.

Enjoy your winning runs in the Championship, hope you have a successful campaign.

6. RedandWhite_believer

I was a Sunderland fan in the Norwich end that day & not a hint of trouble. (Corner failing to put the ball out and the Chisholm goal were right under my nose.) I think my Dad congratulated every Norwich fan in Wembley on the way out...

Anyway Norwich, we'll see you back in the Prem 15/16. You'll keep that side & they'll walk the Championship. Might even break some records.

7. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

CAT & CANARY.jpg

and we nearly signed rvw as well

8. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

I was there!! Took part in the 500-a-side game of footie in the car park!!

An unforgettable day - shame about the match, especially Clive Walkers penalty miss!! Cockney T W A T!!!

Bart

9. canary on the weald

ha ha! no its not! after living in norwich for forty odd years,i moved to kent a couple of years ago with work.(still kept my ncfc season ticket tho even with a three hour each way trip for home games!) the village i live in is in a part of kent called "the weald".

10. Smug in Boots

Good for you mate, it's a long trip but it keeps your life real imo.

I live 3 hours from Sunderland and never hesitate to go, was there on Wednesday and will get up for the game on Sunday.

Sunday will be a great day for us but tinged with a little sadness.

We have a minute's silence for all 'the fallen' during that season ....... it's also sad saying 'bye' to people you won't see for months.

11. canary on the weald

enjoy sunday mate,you deserve every minute of it. i will be at norwich but it will be a strange atmosphere i think. hopefuly our crowds will keep up next season,they did before even when we dropped down to div1 for a season

12. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

This will have a real special meaning for me this year after a good mate who I have went to the match with as long as I can remember died last month...His family will all be there with me and one of my lads as usual this Sunday, so I would imagine it will be very emotional for all of us..

13. rokerpark

rokerpark Member

cheers fella, sorry to see your club going down, great club with good fans sure you'll be back in no time to participate in the friendly cup ;)

14. canary on the weald

cheers mate,hope your right!!

15. MrRAWhite

I'm really good mates with Canary Dave from your board...What an absolute gem that man is..Good luck for next season, I genuinely wish that it was any of the other teams at the bottom bar us that were in your place..

16. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I think our fans have a great relationship. Just a pity this legal thing the bottom 3 have done regarding the one point we gained. Soured a few (mine included) opinions of "the club" certainly not.the fans though. Good luck next season. Hope you can get yourselves back up

17. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that marra, I'm In the same boat, I found our boy dead last August and although he rarely attended the sol due to illness, he hardly missed a game at roker park and was a lifelong Sunderland fan. However on Sunday we can all stand together and be proud of our lost friends and family, and remember the good times we had. Hopefully the lads can bring us 3 points and sign off in style and bring an end to this incredible season. Ha'way The Lads

18. MrRAWhite

Too right mate..There will be a million emotions going on in our heads during this minutes silence..I was with my mates family at the game on Wednesday, and we were joking about that he must have had a bloody good word with somebody from the other side, because our great run started just after his funeral..

19. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

I think the lost souls would've been as astounded as us by our unbelievable end to the season

20. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Talked to my sister earlier this week about her recently dead husband who I went to the match with when ever I got home and she was saying he would have loved to have seen our survival. His son and grandson were at Wembley with a programme from '73 in his memory.